What's new

Survey Finds that Women Prefer Apple iOS and Men Prefer Android

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
women-prefer-iphone.jpg

Nielsen has published the results of a survey today that asked mobile users who were planning to upgrade to a smartphone in the next year which operating system they intended to purchase. The survey, which was carried out between August and October 2010, has thrown up some interesting figures, particularly when broken down according to age and sex. For example, Apple iOS smartphones came out on top with women, with 30.9% saying that their next desired smartphone OS was Apple iOS, with RIM BlackBerry coming in second with women at 23.8%, and Android quite close behind with 22.8%. For the males polled, Android was top, with 32.6%, with Apple iOS second with 28.6%, and RIM BlackBerry a long way behind in third with 14.9%.

As far as age is concerned, Apple iOS and Android were both very popular with the 18-24 age group, at 35.9% and 32.0% respectively, while at the other end of the age range, 55+, Apple iOS and RIM BlackBerry came out on top, with 26.4% and 27.8% respectively.

Source: Nielsen U.S. Smartphone Battle Heats Up: Which is the “Most Desired” Operating System? | Nielsen Wire

women-prefer-iPhone-2.jpg

I'm in the 50's range, a male, have the iphone4, and am confortable w/ iOS, especially knowing that my hard Keyboard is on the way here!!!! Droid's not altogether, yet, maybe when it's time to upgrade!

Not from where I am, most of the guys have the iPhone and the woman have and Android with and iPod....go figure.....:p