What's new

Sturdy iPhone 4S battery case?

Jesse_Dylan

Reaction score
I ended up with a Boost Plus case, and while I love the extra battery, the case itself feels flimsy and cheap. I'm terrified I'll drop my iPhone and it won't protect it, and frankly the iPhone 4 seems a lot less rugged than the 3GS. The case is also bulky.

Basically, I'm willing to accept bulkiness or less battery if I can get a more protective case.

I guess what I'm looking for is a battery case that is protective and well made; thin and light; and has lots of battery power. I'm willing to make trade-offs in all those areas except protection!

I think I'm going to return the Boost Plus, as it just feels too cheap, flimsy, unprotective, and is bulky to boot (which would be fine it if were protective along with it's awesome battery capacity).

Any advice? I know there are a lot of popular ones out there. They just all look so similar, and I'm scared of getting another like this. I have no insurance on my phone or anything like that, and I want to keep it safe.

Help me, sages!

mophie Juice Pack. Very well built and they hold a good charge.

I forgot I had it on my lap, and when I stood up it fell about two feet to the cement floor. The case and iPhone were fine, there wasn't a mark on the case.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Nice and sturdy? I had their Juice Pack for my iPod touch 4G, and I enjoyed it. It had a nice form factor. It did scrape up the back of my iPod a bit, taking it in and out, and it also kind of fell apart on me a little after 10 months or so. The headphone opening wasn't big enough, so that cracked; the tab that went over the sleep/awake button broke off; some of the plastic around the micro-USB connector fell off. It was in my pocket every day, though, and took some falls. Despite the above caveats I mention, I really enjoyed it. So maybe I should have gone with another Mophie product instead of the Boost.

Thanks, I'll check it out! Will be interested in other opinions too, of course!

PS Is the Juice Pack Plus really .70" thick? I know there are thinner ones. Maybe the Juice Pack Air is a bit thinner? I don't know the measurements on mine (the Boost Plus), but it's pretty thick. (I'll definitely sacrifice thinness for protection, though.)

Last edited:
The Air and Plus cases are basically the same size. I had an Air for my 3GS, and the USB port broke. I contacted mophie and they sent me a new one. The warranty is good in my opinion.

The incipio offgrid battery cases are pretty nice. I have the 1450 mAh model and it charges my phone up to 85% full.
It's a pretty sturdy, sleek case. Although, I think the mophies would be better for everyday use. I just have this case strictly for a backup.
It's about $40-$50 bucks on amazon. :)

Darkstar2007 said:
The incipio offgrid battery cases are pretty nice. I have the 1450 mAh model and it charges my phone up to 85% full.
It's a pretty sturdy, sleek case. Although, I think the mophies would be better for everyday use. I just have this case strictly for a backup.
It's about $40-$50 bucks on amazon. :)

I'm glad!!
I'm heading for a mophie but yes off grid is great ;$

Mr.Mischief said:
The Air and Plus cases are basically the same size. I had an Air for my 3GS, and the USB port broke. I contacted mophie and they sent me a new one. The warranty is good in my opinion.

The USB port broke on mine as well on day number 1, returned to radio shack for my $

Mr.Mischief said:

Is it worth buying on amazon I'm too scared for counterfeit