What's new

Stupid Facetime slider issue

kitten1980

Reaction score
Hi Guys.
Sorry if this has been a previously addressed issue, but I couldnt find mention of it anywhere.
I got my new Iphone 4 about 3 days ago. We already have 1 in our household so I was fairly comfortable with how it all works.
I have been trying for the last day to use Facetime, but have been completely unable to do so.
When I go into Setting/Phone the Facetime slider is in the 'off' position, but if I slide it to on, then leave the menu, when I return it is back on the off position again! Its on 4.1 BTW.
If I try to facetime my other halfs' phone, I simply havent got it as an option. If he tries to Facetime me, he gets ''.... is not available for Facetime''
I had an Ipod touch 4 previously, and this works fine facetiming his Iphone on our WiFi.
Ive tried everything I can think of. Ive checked restrictions, Ive tried resetting via home and sleep held till I get the Apple icon, but no joy.
Please Help Me!
I'm on '3' network.

Ive never used FaceTime myself. When ever I go to turn it on it says waiting for activation and goes no further.

Download an app called tango on both phones. It does exactly the same as FaceTime but also works over 3G. I dont think it works with iPod touches?

If your really bothered about FaceTime not working give apple a call about it. I don't think the carrier has anything to do with it as it only works on wifi, but it may be worth a try.

I'm also on 4.1 on the 3 network...

I have never had the opportunity to use Facetime up to now, but I have just checked, mine, it stays in the ON position all the time.

You may have to restore your phone to get it working..

Nope. Works on 3G aswell. Also works with other smartphones, not just iPhones...

Hi Guys.
Sorry if this has been a previously addressed issue, but I couldnt find mention of it anywhere.
I got my new Iphone 4 about 3 days ago. We already have 1 in our household so I was fairly comfortable with how it all works.
I have been trying for the last day to use Facetime, but have been completely unable to do so.
When I go into Setting/Phone the Facetime slider is in the 'off' position, but if I slide it to on, then leave the menu, when I return it is back on the off position again! Its on 4.1 BTW.
If I try to facetime my other halfs' phone, I simply havent got it as an option. If he tries to Facetime me, he gets ''.... is not available for Facetime''
I had an Ipod touch 4 previously, and this works fine facetiming his Iphone on our WiFi.
Ive tried everything I can think of. Ive checked restrictions, Ive tried resetting via home and sleep held till I get the Apple icon, but no joy.
Please Help Me!
I'm on '3' network.

Search on youtube they probably have a fix for it.