What's new

Stumped -

eduardojuan

Reaction score
My iphone photos stopped being added to my laptop months ago and I can't find the solution. This feature worked fine for months until it suddenly stopped. This instruction from Apple does not solve the problem; I have followed them over a dozen times with no results.
Any suggestions?

"My Photo Stream View the photos you take with iPhone on your other devices, automatically. Turn on My Photo Stream in Settings > Photos & Camera. You can also turn on My Photo Stream in Settings > iCloud > Photos. Photos you take are automatically added to My Photo Stream when you leave the Camera app and iPhone is connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi. All photos added to your Camera Roll— including screen shots and photos saved from email, for example—appear in My Photo Stream."

Welcome to iPhoneForums, eduardojuan!

Make sure the iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi, force close the Camera app, and also take a look at the battery power of your iPhone. If it's below 20 %, PhotoStream won't sync.

To force close the Camera app:
Double tap the Home button to show the multitasking bar. Slide the picture above the Camera app icon towards the top of the screen.

Also disable PhotoStream and enable it again. Maybe it'll start working again afterwards.

Is your device up to date? The latest software is 8.3. And another question: did you enable iCloud Photo Library?

My iphone photos stopped being added to my laptop months ago and I can't find the solution. This feature worked fine for months until it suddenly stopped. This instruction from Apple does not solve the problem; I have followed them over a dozen times with no results.
Any suggestions?

"My Photo Stream View the photos you take with iPhone on your other devices, automatically. Turn on My Photo Stream in Settings > Photos & Camera. You can also turn on My Photo Stream in Settings > iCloud > Photos. Photos you take are automatically added to My Photo Stream when you leave the Camera app and iPhone is connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi. All photos added to your Camera Roll— including screen shots and photos saved from email, for example—appear in My Photo Stream."
Check OK on all sugestions. All done multiple times; no good. Running IOS 7.1.2. No space to load newer version until I can offload photos. Stream worked before with same version.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, eduardojuan!

Make sure the iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi, force close the Camera app, and also take a look at the battery power of your iPhone. If it's below 20 %, PhotoStream won't sync.

To force close the Camera app:
Double tap the Home button to show the multitasking bar. Slide the picture above the Camera app icon towards the top of the screen.

Also disable PhotoStream and enable it again. Maybe it'll start working again afterwards.

Is your device up to date? The latest software is 8.3. And another question: did you enable iCloud Photo Library?
BTW Why do i need LIBRARY when I was able to stream to laptop without it? Don't want any more complications and stuff to get used to.

Possible or certain? Why woul an op sys stop supporting an app it supported earlier. It defies the norm. I am satisfied with 7.1 and would loath to upgrade it.

Possible or certain? Why woul an op sys stop supporting an app it supported earlier. It defies the norm. I am satisfied with 7.1 and would loath to upgrade it.
The developer of an app decides what iOS versions the app will support. If you're on an iOS version that's not supported by the app, it won't work. Situations like this usually happen after an app update.

Never happens with Windows. I use Win 7 on my laptop and have no interest in updating to Win 8. Have zero problems with it. If you tell me with certainty that upgrading to iOS 8 will fix the Streaming problem I'll do it. Otherwise, i am not anxious to experiment

There's always the slight possibility that it won't work. I haven't heard from problems with PhotoStream recently, though.

I was asking about iCloud Photo Library before, because the Photo app will look and work different in iOS 8x. If you use iCloud Photo Library, the pictures will be saved to iCloud, and you'll be able to see them online, in iCloud.
Just for your information.

Back to your problem. Is your Windows software up to date, and which iCloud version are you using on your PC?

Here's something else to try, and this time you'll have to do it on your computer:
Open the iCloud Control Panel. Disable Photos and close the panel. Reset your PC. Then open iCloud Control Panel and enable Photos again.

Hope that helps.