What's new

Strange language settings shown under payments

Try setting the region (visible in your screenshot) to Spain.

IMG_4397.jpg

Should I set language to Spain ‘s Spanish too?

Done and rebooted.
Now my first device language is Spanish, second English, third Italian.
My Region is Spain.
My AppStore country is Italy.
The AppStore interface is still Italian.

I always understood that the App Store used the language of the Store Country and Region regardless of other settings. So what you perceive as a bug is a safeguard Apple uses to keep you in the assigned region’s app store. For example, if I change my device to UK English, it still only gives me the the US app store.

I’m using the Austrian App Store, the language in the App Store app itself is British English, because it’s my preferred language (Settings - App Store - Preferred Language).

But you set up your phone and contract with an Austrian cell provider, right? That was why I was wondering about how Italian keeps appearing for the OP, maybe his initial provider and therefore setup is Italian?

My cell provider is from Austria, that‘s correct.
I don‘t think the cell provider matters, in this case. The App Store is connected to the Apple ID and shows content for the country you‘ve chosen, and the language you prefer.
It‘s possible to get an Apple ID for another country than the one you‘re living in. I‘ve used an ID for the UK and an account for the US Apple Store a few years ago, e.g.

My cell provider is from Austria, that‘s correct.
I don‘t think the cell provider matters, in this case. The App Store is connected to the Apple ID and shows content for the country you‘ve chosen, and the language you prefer.
It‘s possible to get an Apple ID for another country than the one you‘re living in. I‘ve used an ID for the UK and an account for the US Apple Store a few years ago, e.g.
Then I would guess OP may have an ID that is triggering Italian. Nothing else seems to make sense and it is an issue that went from one iphone to another.