What's new

Storage Issues - 4s

Creolex

Reaction score
- I have a 4s and am having problems creating storage space. I had 560 pictures and after deleting many I am down to 202. I cleared them from the recently deleted folder and that created a lot of space but suddenly my usage went back to 0 bytes.
- I also deleted a most of the photos from my text (120 MB) and deleted incoming and sent emails with attachments. All of this created space that suddenly disappeared.
- My usage shows 12.7 gm with 0 bytes available
- I performed a backup earlier in hopes that it would free the space but that did not help.

I do not know of any other options. Please advise. Thank you.

Reset your iPhone. This won't remove data or change settings. If this is a glitch in your software, performing the reset might help getting rid of it.

To reset, press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both when you see the logo, your iPhone will power up on it's own.

If the reset doesn't help, restoring would be the next option. Use iTunes to restore your iPhone. You've already created a recent backup, restoring from the backup afterwards shouldn't be a problem.

Hope that helps.

Maybe there was an update for your carrier's settings as well.

Go to Settings - General - About. If an update is available, a popup will appear.

Maybe there was an update for your carrier's settings as well.

Go to Settings - General - About. If an update is available, a popup will appear.
##update# did the trick. It was a Sprint issue