What's new

Stolen iphone. I need some questions answered.

MikeAndrade85

Reaction score
Hello all. Made an account on this forum in hopes of getting some questions answered. Last Monday I had my phone stolen while I was out at track practice. My iphone had to have been stolen within a 3 hour span from when I had left for practice and returned. When I couldn't find it I immediatetly tried to track it. Unfortunately it was offline but I set it to lost mode. It's been pending the lost mode ever since. The weird thing was I called the phone a few times and it rang. But after a few calls the phone went straight to voicemail... My questions are..

1. Could someone have switched my phone over in that 3 hour span? if so why did I still get a ring when I called it the first few times?

2. If I call the phone and it stills goes straight to voicemail, does that mean they haven't switched the phone over yet?

Thanks for all the help I'm really just trying to find my 4s

What do you mean by "switched the phone over"? Have you called your cell provider to let them know? They can blacklist it and then all the perp has is an expensive iPod.

Switched over as is in now there using the phone for there number? And yes the day of I went into verizon and reported it stolen.

They can't switch it over to another number if it's blacklisted by Verizon. Verizon would have to activate it, and they won't. So, the reason it went to VM is that you have inactivated your phone. And the reason it went to VM before you let Verizon know.... they probably simply "declined" your call, which sends right to VM

Last edited:
What do you mean I inactivated it? What does that mean/do?

PS thanks for the help so far

By calling Verizon and reporting it stolen, they should have inactivated it. So, the perp can't use it, at least not as a phone. They don't want the perp racking up charges on your account any more than you do!

Oh, and unless you had your phone pass protected, or had a restriction on your location services....I hate to tell you, but they probably turned off "Find My iPhone". :-(

Oh yeah that is good news.

And I did have a passcode. However, I am not sure what the restriction on location is..

Well, if you had the passcode you may be in luck that they haven't gotten "in" to the phone. There are ways from what I understand though. They may just have the phone off and hopefully you'll be able to locate it if they turn it back on.

You can restrict access to some of your settings separately from the initial passcode. That way they have to enter another passcode to make a change to some settings. General>Restrictions>Enable Restrictions. Many settings you can restrict separately.

Yeah. I'm hoping that's the case and It'll show up on find my iphone when/if they do

Wow. Wish I would have known that before...

But, with having the initial passcode, you did good. Hopefully they won't get in. But, if they do and you never get your phone back...they can only use it as an iPod. Small consolation, I know.

Was it insured? Believe it or not, many homeowner policies will cover stolen phones.

Good luck!

Sadly no, phone was not insured. Dissapointed now that I didn't add it. Thanks for the help.