What's new

My sons iphone stolen

cloudyq

Reaction score
I am so frustrated. Someone swiped my sons phone while he was at a sleepover. I'm kinda hoping it will turn on so we can track it. Should I wait a couple of days to see if it's traceable? Supposedly it's just lost in a messy house? My other question is, can someone reformat or whatever it's called to use it if I haven't suspended the line?

I am so frustrated. Someone swiped my sons phone while he was at a sleepover. I'm kinda hoping it will turn on so we can track it. Should I wait a couple of days to see if it's traceable? Supposedly it's just lost in a messy house? My other question is, can someone reformat or whatever it's called to use it if I haven't suspended the line?

You didn't say which phone or baseband, but if its on 5.0.1, hopefully you had "Find My Phone" turned on. If so, you can track it yourself using that program. You can have it make noise even if it was on silent and you can wipe it remotely.

If it has a sim card and they wipe it, yes. It's theirs now. If its CDMA it's a brick I believe.

Yup, I checked up on him last night and was able to trace him to his friends. But this morning, I texted him and got no response so I traced him and his location services was off. Later I called and phone was off. And then later traced again and it wouldn't trace. I did send some sounds for when it turned on and those went through. So I called and phone would ring but no answer. Since then I just have been calling and trying to trace it. But nothing

Oh yes it's an iPhone 4 on Verizon and its been updated to Os5

I checked up on him last night and was able to trace him to his friends.

I hope you didn't tip your hand too far by sending the sounds before you were actually in proximity to the phone. I might have saved that one for when I was actually where I thought the phone might be, or standing at the door of where I thought it was. Now that he/they know you can do that they may just leave it off or even toss it. I would keep checking the location for a couple of days, maybe a week and if it doesn't pop up I would say write it off.

Maybe go with your son to the messy house and try the sound again? Was it locked with a code I hope?

Last edited:
Well I've actually traced to someone's house before. But its pretty much a wash now. I guess file another claim and recover that way. But I honestly want to just whip the moms butt. She was so blasé. Meanwhile my son will be out a phone for being irresponsible and I'm paying a big bill.

on first sory my english isnt good,
ihave a question about suspended iphone.
last week my iphone got stolen and i got it back tomorrow with myiphone still on suspend condition,
my question is, i was insert code to unlock the suspend but after insert the code, my iphone got "IPHONE DISCONECT please connect to itunes"
wht do i do to fix it? thx before :)

on first sory my english isnt good,
ihave a question about suspended iphone.
last week my iphone got stolen and i got it back tomorrow with myiphone still on suspend condition,
my question is, i was insert code to unlock the suspend but after insert the code, my iphone got "IPHONE DISCONECT please connect to itunes"
wht do i do to fix it? thx before :)

Hi littlesnap--

Thanks for your post. I have deleted your duplicate post in another thread. It was considered hijacking someone else's post. In addition, duplicate posting is against forum rules.

Thanks.

Skimonkey ~ ipadforum Moderator | iPhoneforum Moderator