What's new

Still like your iPhone 5

Please, let's not turn this thread into another battery discussion. I implore you not to do that.

I love it, must say I'm still in the honeymoon period though. Had a few issues but nothing major, (struggling to maintain a connection to my wifi which is now fixed) Its quick, the camera is better than my last phone (htc) and of course it's got all the charm Apple products have.

I do wish the battery life was a bit longer but oh well!

Not to bring the battery back up but my battery life is awesome. This is my first iPhone so I don't have another to compare it too but the battery life on my 5 is way better then on any of my android devices ever. I been unplugged since 8 used taps talk choke email and I'm still at 100%. All I do is keep lte off till I need it and I have brightness set to auto but keep it down by default.

Not to bring the battery back up but my battery life is awesome. This is my first iPhone so I don't have another to compare it too but the battery life on my 5 is way better then on any of my android devices ever. I been unplugged since 8 used taps talk choke email and I'm still at 100%. All I do is keep lte off till I need it and I have brightness set to auto but keep it down by default.

groan..........

The topic of the thread is do you still like your iPhone 5 after you've had it for two weeks. I could make comments about the battery but I'm not going to because that's not the topic of the thread.

No i don't still like it. I wasn't actually over impressed when it arrived. It didn't feel like much of an upgrade over the 4S and the weight made it feel cheap to me. But i stuck with it because i've bought so many movies and TV shows via iTunes. I've had it in a case since day one but dust particles have got in the case and scratched the hell out of the bevelled edge. But more of issue is the fact that the wifi keeps dropping and my Data usage with my mobile carrier has gone through the roof. (perhaps i'm holding it wrong....).

I rang apple today to discuss a replacement and because i don't live anywhere near an apple store i can either send this back and wait up to 7 days for another one or i can pay apple £29 for them to bring a new one to me within 3 days whilst they collect this one.

This isn't what i expected from Apple and it's the last Apple device i will ever buy. I'm hoping i can complain enough for them to give me a refund, i'm not hopefull but i'll try. I love iTunes and the app selection but imo their handsets are no longer anything to write home about and certainly not worth the money.

Ok so I just discovered a weird issue. When I play videos from a browser the sound goes through the earpiece speaker. When I listen to like the music app it goes through the normal speaker on the bottom located by the charging port. Wtf is going on.

Ok so I just discovered a weird issue. When I play videos from a browser the sound goes through the earpiece speaker. When I listen to like the music app it goes through the normal speaker on the bottom located by the charging port. Wtf is going on.

Let me guess. Google Chrome browser? If the answer is yes, Google is aware of the failure and still trying to fix it. Yesterdays patch did not work.

I like the 5 for the speed but that's about it. The larger screen really isn't that big a deal for me since I don't play games on the phone. I actually like the size of the 4/4s a lot better. After 3-4 weeks I'm still not really used to the size of the 5. It feels awkward to me for some reason.

Making calls is terrible and that's what I mostly do with the phone. When I'm listening (or trying to listen) to someone talk the volume fades and rises so much that I can't understand 3/4 of the conversation. I've tried the tricks posted around, but like most others, they do nothing. Also when on bluetooth everyone say's I sound like I'm underwater because the sound is so muffled and distorted. I know others are having the same problem so I'll be taking it in for a replacement. I'm hoping I just got a bad one because my 4 never had any issues and was crystal clear.

I also am pretty disappointed by the rattle at the top and the power button sometimes clicking and sometimes not when pressed. It just bugs me and makes the phone feel cheap. At this point it's been pretty much a huge step backwards for me...

So do I still like my iPhone 5? Nope, not really. I'm just glad my work supplies my phone and service because if I purchased it I'd be pretty upset with paying so much for this thing.

I like the 5 for the speed but that's about it. The larger screen really isn't that big a deal for me since I don't play games on the phone. I actually like the size of the 4/4s a lot better. After 3-4 weeks I'm still not really used to the size of the 5. It feels awkward to me for some reason.

Making calls is terrible and that's what I mostly do with the phone. When I'm listening (or trying to listen) to someone talk the volume fades and rises so much that I can't understand 3/4 of the conversation. I've tried the tricks posted around, but like most others, they do nothing. Also when on bluetooth everyone say's I sound like I'm underwater because the sound is so muffled and distorted. I know others are having the same problem so I'll be taking it in for a replacement. I'm hoping I just got a bad one because my 4 never had any issues and was crystal clear.

I also am pretty disappointed by the rattle at the top and the power button sometimes clicking and sometimes not when pressed. It just bugs me and makes the phone feel cheap. At this point it's been pretty much a huge step backwards for me...

So do I still like my iPhone 5? Nope, not really. I'm just glad my work supplies my phone and service because if I purchased it I'd be pretty upset with paying so much for this thing.

I must admit, I have to agree...

I had an early HTC desire and that phone is leaps and bounds ahead of the iphone 5... I am now looking ofr a brand new HTC Desire and I will be happy again!

So little standard aps like call blocker, sms back up and restore etc... not available on iphone!!

No. for me, its going on Ebay!

Anyone want a month old 5 64gb?? ;o)

I am still in love with my 5. I also have that Bluetooth issue but it only happens when my phone is also plugged into my sync system on my explorer. I love it hands down from all the phones I've had.

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

I'm really trying not to go android :-/ HTC one X impresses me as well as the galaxy note2..
BUT I want stability... I can use my nexus 7 for android experience (7 inch form factor for E books and games love it)
iPad is too cumbersome for reading.
Pnc