iPhoneForums.Net News Team
- Jun 18, 2010
- Reaction score
Starbucks has announced the launch of a Mobile Order & Pay scheme in Portland, Oregon, which it intends to roll out nationally in 2015.
The new service enables the user to place an order prior to visiting a Starbucks store, and then pick up the order when ready. The service is directly integrated into Starbucks’ mobile app and My Starbucks Rewards loyalty program.
In order to set up the service, you simply have to accept location services in your iPhone Starbucks app the first time you want to use it. This will enable the app to identify your nearest Starbucks branch that offers Mobile Order & Pay. If you don’t accept location services then you’ll only be able to access the Starbucks Mobile Menu.
Here’s Starbucks’ breakdown of exactly how the Mobile Order & Pay process works:
1. Click on the “Order” option at the top right of the screen
2. Select the food and beverage items to order: Just as in-stores, beverages are customizable, including the option to modify size, number of espresso shots, dairy selections and more.
3. Select the participating store for pick up: Approximate wait times will be viewable on the customer’s phone prior to selecting store location. Directions will also be available if needed.
4. Confirm by clicking “order:” At the time of order, payment is made from the customer’s registered Starbucks Card.
5. Proceed to the selected Starbucks® store to pick up food and beverages: Orders are immediately sent to the selected store where Starbucks partners (baristas) will begin preparing the items.