What's new

St. Louis Cardinals!!!!

I don't think the Cards should even be in the NLCS. But I will say this: If the Cardinals beat the Giants, and I pray that they do, and then go on to win the World Series again, they have got to be one of the best teams of all time even without Pujols.

There are two teams in baseball I absolutely hate. The San Francisco Giants and The New York Yankees. If it turns out that way then I just don't care. So I'm pulling for Detroit and the Cards.

Good luck.

hookbill said:
I don't think the Cards should even be in the NLCS. But I will say this: If the Cardinals beat the Giants, and I pray that they do, and then go on to win the World Series again, they have got to be one of the best teams of all time even without Pujols.

There are two teams in baseball I absolutely hate. The San Francisco Giants and The New York Yankees. If it turns out that way then I just don't care. So I'm pulling for Detroit and the Cards.

Good luck.

I'm definitely rooting for Detroit tonight!! The Yanks just scored 4 runs in the bottom of the 9th to tie it up... now they're in the 10th. Ugh!!!

This game should have been all over at the 9th with Detroit leading 4-0! Why, Coke was pulled and valverde put in is beyond me!!
<br><br>They say it's not a good idea to do a lot of Coke. :)<br><br>You're kidding me, I went to sleep thinking this game was all under control.

Just checked, final Tigers 6 Yankees 4. Don't scare me like that.

You know why they pull pitchers? They all have this ridiculous pitch count where the little babies don't hurt themselves after throwing however many pitches they should throw. Hell Sandy Koufax threw a shut out 2 days after pitching a 9 inning game and all he had was a fastball. He'd of pitched 10 more years if they had Tommy John surgery.

Use to be a 4 man starting rotation. Then it went to 5. Then the designated hitter. Inter League play which ruined the All Start Game. Making the All Star Game decide which league gets home field advantage in the World Series. Now another Wild Card Team and with Houston going to the A.L. more inter league play.

About the only thing they've done right is had replay for home runs.

Well, as much as I dislike the Yankees, I do respect Derrick Jeeter and I just saw what happened in the 12th inning. He broke his ankle, you can see it on the video. I myself am a little squeamish abut stuff like that, I remember Joe Theisman breaking his leg in an NFL game. When you see a part of the human body go in a direction it's not suppose to go, yeck.

Either that will inspire the Yankees or bring them down, he is their captain. Expect to see ARod tonight at shortstop.

Well, as much as I dislike the Yankees, I do respect Derrick Jeeter and I just saw what happened in the 12th inning. He broke his ankle, you can see it on the video. I myself am a little squeamish abut stuff like that, I remember Joe Theisman breaking his leg in an NFL game. When you see a part of the human body go in a direction it's not suppose to go, yeck.

Either that will inspire the Yankees or bring them down, he is their captain. Expect to see ARod tonight at shortstop.

It certainly was a close game. Stayed up til it was over yelling at the TV. Is that what happened to jeter? It also looked like he popped his ACL and/of blew out his Achilles' tendon. The news hasn't said anything specific, but the ankle just flopped.

It certainly was a close game. Stayed up til it was over yelling at the TV. Is that what happened to jeter? It also looked like he popped his ACL and/of blew out his Achilles' tendon. The news hasn't said anything specific, but the ankle just flopped.

I got my info from mlb.com. I would consider that reliable.

No matter, his season is over and ankle injuries on a shortstop? This could shorten Jeeters carrier but he's got a lock on the hall no matter what.

OP, sorry that we totally hijacked your thread. Your game doesn't start until 8:00pm Eastern, good luck again tongiht.

I got my info from mlb.com. I would consider that reliable.

No matter, his season is over and ankle injuries on a shortstop? This could shorten Jeeters carrier but he's got a lock on the hall no matter what.

OP, sorry that we totally hijacked your thread. Your game doesn't start until 8:00pm Eastern, good luck again tongiht.

I just saw online at MLB also. Such a shame that he is injured now of all times.

Looking forward to the games!

Ski... congrats on your Tigers sweeping the Yankees!! WOOT!! Now the Cards need to win one more @ home against the Giants. :)

Thomasjtsi said:
Ski... congrats on your Tigers sweeping the Yankees!! WOOT!! Now the Cards need to win one more @ home against the Giants. :)

Woot woot! It was quite a sweep! We are pleased with our Tigers!

Good luck to the Cards!! :) One more game!!

Ski :)

Skimonkey said:
Woot woot! It was quite a sweep! We are pleased with our Tigers!

Good luck to the Cards!! :) One more game!!

Ski :)

I'm afraid I've got bad news for you, Skimonkey. The Giants just swept the Tigers in the World Series.:(