What's new

Sprint To Offer Unlimited Data Plans With the iPhone 5 From October Launch

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
sprint.JPG

Bloomberg reports today that Sprint is planning to offer unlimited data plans when it starts selling the iPhone 5 from mid-October. According to Bloomberg’s anonymous sources, new kid on the iPhone block Sprint intends to set itself apart from established Apple carrier partners AT&T and Verizon by being the only operator in the US to currently offering an unlimited data plan. Of course both Verizon and AT&T used to offer unlimited data plans, but that’s no longer the case as both have now moved over to tiered pricing for data packages. The report does not say whether or not Sprint will only be offering the unlimited data packages with the next iPhone for a short period of time, but as it already has long term unlimited data plans for other smartphones, such as the BlackBerry and HTC Evo, then it’s possible this will not just be a short-term thing. Sprint’s current all-in unlimited voice and data package costs $99.99 per month.

Source: Sprint Said to Plan Unlimited Data With IPhone - Bloomberg

I would assume that even after, if, they go to tier plans that you'd be able to grandfather in later on when upgrading, same as verizon does.

scrogg said:
I would assume that even after, if, they go to tier plans that you'd be able to grandfather in later on when upgrading, same as verizon does.

I believe that.

Yeah you would most likely be able to grandfathered in cause one of my friends has an iPhone on AT&T with an unlimited data plan cause he was with them for like 10 years I think all you would have to do is not renew your contract