What's new

Sprint Offering Free iPhone 8 With Trade-In Offer

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Sprint offering iPhone 8 for free as part of upgrade offer.JPG

Following last week’s announcement from Sprint that it would be offering 50% off an 18-month lease for the iPhone 8, the company has gone even further today by announcing that it will give trade-in customers a free iPhone 8.

Proclaiming “We simply won’t be beat by other national carriers,” Sprint’s new offer includes a free 64GB iPhone 8 (cost $699), when a new or existing customer trades in either an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus on the Sprint Flex plan. You can also still get the 50% off offer by trading in an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, or iPhone 6s Plus.

Sprint is very quick off the blocks here, making it the first carrier to offer a free iPhone 8 to its customers.

So basically, if you live in an area with good Sprint coverage, you could get a free iPhone 8 alongside the company’s other current great deal of five unlimited lines for $90, which is still available until October 31.

Source: Get a free iPhone 8 with Sprint’s upgraded trade-in offer

How do you get this deal? When I log into my account and attempt to upgrade my IPhone 7 Plus, it still says I will be charged 33.xx a month.

Now let’s hope sprint has enough national influence to force other American networks to do the same !

Apparently, you have to own your phone. So anyone already on the IPhone Forever plans are screwed.

Typical, and you thought it was going to be a great deal

It might be worth paying off your phone if you have enough equity in it already?

I would look into paying it off and then selling it on Craigslist.