What's new

SpringBoard Crashing...?

MrBenchMark

Reaction score
Just now encountered my first problem after jailbreaking my phone.

Earlier today I made a phone call (I don't make too many or receive many) and as I pushed "end" to end the call, the screen just sat there and froze. I stared at it for a few moments thinking it would go back to normal like it should, but it didn't. After a few more moments the spinning icon came on as if it was rebooting and then my unlock screen came on. As I unlocked it a window popped up saying,

We Apologize for the inconvenience, but SpringBoard has just crashed.

MobileSubstrate /did not/ cause this problem: it has protected you from it.

Your device is now running in Safe Mode. All extensions that support this safety system are disabled.

Reboot (or restart Springboard) to return to the normal mode. To return to this dialog touch the status bar.

Then at the bottom of this message I could choose OK, Restart, or Help. When choosing restart it would start back up in the mode it was in before the crash, but I could easily duplicate the problem I encountered by attempting another phone call and hanging up. The same thing happened. When I choose Help, it gave me a list of things to try which included deleting the most recent tweak I put on there to see if it somehow is causing the crash. Well, I would do that but I don't can't remember which one I installed and for that matter not knowing which one it is because for all I know, it could've been one I installed several days ago and due to the fact I rarely receive or make phone calls, I just now noticed it today when I made one.

So, I am not certain what has happened.

I even thought about going back and uninstalling everything i installed but I'm not certain what packages came with Cydia when I first jailbroke my phone before I installed any tweaks..

Suggestions, help anyone...?

Well, I just found out what App was the culprit. It was my Mcleaner App. Once I uninstalled it, the problem was solved.

Is anyone here familiar with the app? The reason I got it was to create blacklists, whitelists, profiles, etc. Anyone here have it and have the same problem. Anyone know of a good alternative?

Same thing happened to me. I took off Mcleaner and it did not freeze anymore. I have tried to find some good alternatives but have not found one as of yet.