What's new

Sorry quick question (i did read the sticky threads)

lienlee

Reaction score
Currently my iphone is version iOS 4.1/modem firmware 02.10.04

I'm reading one thread and it says i can jail break iOS 4.1 and others where i jailbreak as i update TO iOS 4.1

which is it? I'm with a carrier so no point of unlocking I just want to jail break
If its possible for me to do so could anyone provide me with the link

Thanks,
Lienlee

im not sure i understand what you mean but 4.1 you can jailbreak it with any baseband and you can either update to it or already be on it...

this happened to me actually, well im not sure if you did the same thing, but i got 4.1 a little early before the public release, and when i went to jailbreak it, it said update to 4.1 but my iphone was already on 4.1 so maybe it didnt recognize it or something, but none the less updated to 4.1 and then used limera1n but its working perfect

Currently my iphone is version iOS 4.1/modem firmware 02.10.04

I'm reading one thread and it says i can jail break iOS 4.1 and others where i jailbreak as i update TO iOS 4.1

which is it? I'm with a carrier so no point of unlocking I just want to jail break
If its possible for me to do so could anyone provide me with the link

Thanks,
Lienlee

Jailbreak and Unlock are two different things. You can jailbreak 4.1 no problem but you can't Unlock it. So if you have 4.0.2 then you can update to 4.1 and have it both jailbroken and unlocked. Hope it helps.