What's new

Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 Hits The App Store

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01WE4l6Y9oA[/ame]​

If you thought the 2D, old school Sonic franchise was over, think again. Sonic is back but he's packing a bit more than 16 bits. Sonic The Hedgehog 4 just made it the that App Store, after playing it for a bit, it feels like I'm in a time machine. This game packs a load of similarity to ancestors and even some old(but changed) levels.

The game comes with a bit of a changed 3D look, especially to our hedgehog hero. You can do all of the same maneuvers you would usually do in the Sega game, along with having a lock-on indicator of where you will shoot your body by tapping "A" again it the air. There are old enemies to beat again and new ones to meet. But in the end, you really have to decide if this old school game's new wrapper, is worth the $9.99.

Get It Here:
Sonic The Hedgehog 4

sweet! 5.99 thats not bad, i remember the games would cost 30-40 for the sonic games, hope they put sonic 3 on there also and maybe sonic and knuckles.

I loved all the Sonic games when I was a kid, but I think the only way I would play them again is with controller in hand, mashing the A button. I don't think I would enjoy a touch screen Sonic experience.

On the other hand, for those of you who don't know what it is, (Settlers of) Catan is just about the best game on the App Store IMO. A unique, challenging board game with infinite replayability. It's kind of like a mix between Monopoly, Stratego, and Risk, though games on the iPhone only take about 15 minutes to play.

Don't miss it. It's the best, I promise.

I loved all the Sonic games when I was a kid, but I think the only way I would play them again is with controller in hand, mashing the A button. I don't think I would enjoy a touch screen Sonic experience.

On the other hand, for those of you who don't know what it is, (Settlers of) Catan is just about the best game on the App Store IMO. A unique, challenging board game with infinite replayability. It's kind of like a mix between Monopoly, Stratego, and Risk, though games on the iPhone only take about 15 minutes to play.

Don't miss it. It's the best, I promise.

its just as good with the touch screen, but can get annoying with the slippery screen when you think your pressing a and your not. you get used to it though

Meh, I clocked all these Sonic games back on the Megadrive. If I wanted to play them again, which I don't, I'll simply get an emulator and save myself the cash.

I hope that helps.

i have the emulator as well but i still bought sonic 2, but sonic 4 is 5.99 i doubt ill buy it yet, probably wait until it gets cheaper if it does