What's new

Some icons will not theme. Please help

mach1man

Reaction score
Ok so I've gotten a few themes to work but a few of the basic icons will not theme, mail, photos, camera, maps. I can go into the file using iFile and when I click on the image it shows the correct image but it just won't theme. I've had to fix this issue before when I was on iOS 5 with my iPhone 4. But I forget how to do it. Is there a guide or can some one explain it to me. Thanks

G-Weezy said:
That's the usual icons people are having issues with that are not being themed. Give it some time like I mentioned on your other thread. There some file names that need to be renamed and worked out.

Thanks G-Weezy. I know that the developers are working hard to get everything worked out. I just remember having the same issue with iOS 5 and I could fix it on my phone. It's been a while since I've had to theme so I'm a little rusty. I know you use iFile then go through stash to the theme. And somewhere in there I think under bundles you create another folder and move the icon into it. But I'm missing a step or two. I've went through the themes icons folder using iFile and the proper icons are there just not linked/coded right. Does this make any since to you or anyone out there.

Ok so I have photos and camera themed right. I just can't figure out the maps. Still working though.

Finally got one whole theme to work after hours of changing things through iFile

Here is my new layout.

Attachments

• $image-541002942.jpg
    $image-541002942.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 720
Finally got one whole theme to work after hours of changing things through iFile

Can you please give detailed instructions as to how you fixed the Maps icon theming issue? I've resolved the others using ifile, but Maps doesn't seem to play by the rules. Thanks in advance! Matt

Ok under bundles you have to have a something like this
com.apple.maps

Then inside it has to look like this
[email protected]
icon-iphone.png
icon.png
[email protected]
icon@2x~iphone.png

When you edit the folder to look like this make sure you use the icon picture that the theme gives you, the icon pic should be somewhere in there. Once the bundle looks like this its set and then respring.

Frustrated. Ok, specs. iPhone 4S on iOS 6.1 running winterboard with summerboard off and 14K HD theme. Made the changes you mentioned (thank you) and still Maps icon is stock.

$image.jpg

Last edited:
Here is what mine looks like and what area it's in. Seems like you may have a to much in that folder. Just make sure your mods are under com.apple.maps

Attachments

• $image-3222129792.jpg
    $image-3222129792.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 595
  • $image-3883495135.jpg
    $image-3883495135.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 602
  • $image-3857648566.jpg
    $image-3857648566.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 599