What's new

So Frustrated Ready to Switch to Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

jschlis

Reaction score
I don't know what has happened but in the last 2 weeks my battery usage has been terrible. Today w/o using just hitting the home button to see the usage here is what I got with nothing running. I have a jailbroken verizon running 5.0.1. Have installed no new apps and taken out quite a few. Below is a list of installed apps. I have all settings set for low battery usage. At the end of my rope, even thing about updating with no jail break but think I will miss it to much. Anybody have battery issues with any of the apps listed below that I have left?

8:04 - 80%
8:18 - 78%
8:40 - 74%
8:50 - 72%
9:10 - 71%
9:17 - 70%
9:28 - 69%

Activator
Anicons
Applocker
Aptbackup
Ask to Call
Ask to Send
Auto 3G
CopyPasteFix
CyDelete
DeleteWord
Depersist/icontrol
EZ Decline
Five Icon Dock
Ifile
Infinidock
Installous
Mail Enhancer
Multicleaner
PKGBackup
Respring
Xbackup
Overflow/Cascade
Notifier+
Fast Copy
Action Menu Plus
RingerX VIP
Battery Info Lite
Ikeywi
Folderenhancer
Icontrol
Xmessages
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Ive read a few battery issue threads the past few days. Have had mine off charge for almost 6hrs with heavy useage (mostly youtube, temple run and twitter) and im down to 51%. I think thats not too bad. Have tou closed down all your apps in the quick launch bar?

I don't know what has happened but in the last 2 weeks my battery usage has been terrible. Today w/o using just hitting the home button to see the usage here is what I got with nothing running. I have a jailbroken verizon running 5.0.1. Have installed no new apps and taken out quite a few. Below is a list of installed apps. I have all settings set for low battery usage. At the end of my rope, even thing about updating with no jail break but think I will miss it to much. Anybody have battery issues with any of the apps listed below that I have left?

8:04 - 80%
8:18 - 78%
8:40 - 74%
8:50 - 72%
9:10 - 71%
9:17 - 70%
9:28 - 69%

Activator
Anicons
Applocker
Aptbackup
Ask to Call
Ask to Send
Auto 3G
CopyPasteFix
CyDelete
DeleteWord
Depersist/icontrol
EZ Decline
Five Icon Dock
Ifile
Infinidock
Installous
Mail Enhancer
Multicleaner
PKGBackup
Respring
Xbackup
Overflow/Cascade
Notifier+
Fast Copy
Action Menu Plus
RingerX VIP
Battery Info Lite
Ikeywi
Folderenhancer
Icontrol
Xmessages
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Okay man. This is what you need to remove. The tweaks I'm about to name are probably the culprits of your battery drain:

Auto3G: this must be removed ASAP!!!!!! This tweak is causing the majority of your batter drainage, I guarantee that! Auto3G IS NOT COMPATIBLE With any CDMA iPhone. This tweak was also designed for GSM radios...not CDMA. This tweak is keeping you forced to stay on a 3G data connection always. This is you biggest battery drainer. I know it was designed to save battery and it does save battery......ON A GSM IPHONE ONLY. It does not recognize the difference between CDMA 3G/2G and GSM 3G/2G. It does not know how to shut off 3G and use 2G only.

Use IntelliScreenX. It allows you to turn off 3G data completely and stay connected to 2G (literally the "only" tweak that can switch between 3G/2G in a CDMA iPhone). Which really really saves battery. Like a lot.

AptBackup: absolutely horrible idea to restore from a jailbroken backup and apply all your tweaks at one time w/ this package. PkgBackup does This better, and you don't have to restore from an iTunes backup.

Anicons: I don't know why, but just drains my battery faster when installed.

AskToCall/Send: Use KuaiDial. Not the same thing, but all ya gotta do is open the phone app type a name (T9) and swipe from left or right on the number if the names not rite the first time.

Instead of using addons for your Messages app. Use a replacement messages app. I use biteSMS (or ISX's Messages+ which comes free with ISX). Removes the need to have AskToSend. I set the send button to be double tapped to send a message. Plus there is a delay functionality where you can set a time to cancel the message before its sent. biteSMS has pics, and is just the best messaging tweak.

iControl: this is probably the biggest battery drainer. Like me, you have a CDMA verizon iPhone. So it cannot handle the switch between 2G and 3G. It is trying to control your radios but it simply cannot, because this tweak was designed for a GSM iPhone with GSM radios. Not CDMA.

FiveIconDock: why do you have this installed when you have Infinidock installed. They have to be conflicting in some way. You can set 5 icons in the dock with Infinidock.

EZDecline: CallBar is better.

FolderEnhancer: Eh....Springtomize2 has these features plus much more. I dontt think it drains battery tho.

Notifier+: IntelliScreenX replaces This.

Despite what you might think, Battery Info lite runs a daemons that possibly increases battery drain.

If you restore you device, the first thing you do is NOT restore from a backup. Do not use AptBackup.

Second, the first thing that should be installed from Cydia is "Mobile Substrate". By itself with nothing else.

It is best install each package one at a time, (unless your using PkgBackup).

You really should install SBSettings. It's great, has a free memory toggle "Processes". My phone always runs just a little bit smoother after installing SBSettings.

xBackup: why do ya have 2 packages for backup up packages?lol. Any way, I have heard good things about xBackup.

But I don't use those backup tools. I use Mobile Terminal and create a txt file where all my Cydia packages are packaged into a single .txt file. then restored again after a restore using Terminal.

Last edited:
Thanks. I will get back to you shortly on your suggestions.

This thread has been closed due to piracy.

This forum takes a strong stance against piracy and those that steal apps. Any discussion of piracy is against our rules.

You'll receive no more help.

Don't be a pirate and read our rules!

Marilyn
Moderator, iPhoneForums.net

EDIT: Please note that this post is not closed due to mentioning jail breaking or any Cydia apps. It was closed because the OP specifically listed a piracy-enabling app - one that allows him/her to steal from developers. Again, we don't condone or support piracy (or those that commit piracy). Not only is it against our rules - its illegal! Don't be a pirate!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.