What's new

Skype/Oovoo disconnects within 5 minutes of a call.. iOS5

dd0ngbin

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm a new member, who just signed up for these forums just to find aid to get rid of this annoying problem I have...

Problem: This started recently on my phone, and it appears that whenever I call my friend, the call gets disconnected within minutes after that.. And it's been like that for every single call ever since.

Now at first I thought it was just a small bug, so I've uninstalled the app on my phone and I reinstalled it, but I still get the exact same problem. Annoyed, I decided to just install Oovoo and use that app instead. Surprisingly, Oovoo does the same exact thing! So now I'm suspecting that it isn't an app problem, it has to do something with my phone. I've tried making calls using different connection sources (i.e. 3G, wifi) so it's not an internet/connection problem either..

Could someone please give some pointers out to me? I'm seriously stuck on this one... My iPhone is the 4th Generation, version 5.01 (iOS5). This really sucks because it's actually my long distance girlfriend that I've been trying to reach, and if this problem doesn't workout, then I really don't know how we'll be able to see each other.

Thanks!

Have you thought about updating to iOS 5.1? Or is that not an option due to a Jailbreak or Unlock?