What's new

Skype iOS Update Includes Anti-Shake and Bluetooth

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLKE58eA-S8&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]​

[FONT=&quot]Skype has just updated its iOS app for iPhone and iPad, adding a couple of interesting new features that I’m sure will be welcome, and one that might not be so welcome – adverts! In the announcement on its Big Blog, Skype outlines the two major new features, namely anti-shake for the iPhone app, and Bluetooth support for both the iPad and iPhone. As you can see from the video above, the anti-shake feature is very impressive, being designed to prevent excessive shaking of video recorded from your iPhone’s back camera. The new Bluetooth support has apparently long been requested by Skype users, and means that you can now make hands-free Skype calls using Bluetooth-enabled headsets. However, also with these goodies comes the introduction of adverts for those who are not paying Skype customers or who don’t have Skype Credit. This move follows on from the recent Skype for Mac update which also introduced adverts into the service. They are pretty unobtrusive though, it has to be said, running along a narrow strip at the bottom of the page. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Click here to download the free iPad app: Skype for iPad for iPad on the iTunes App Store[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Or click here to download the free iPhone app: App Store - Skype[/FONT]

Source: Skype - The Big Blog - Skype for iPhone & Skype for iPad Updates Deliver Anti-Shake Technology & Bluetooth Connectivity
via 9to5 Mac

Last edited:
if anybody wants to know: you have to delete skype first and then download it again for you to get the update.

Do not update. I just read dozens of reviews of people saying credits are gone, contacts, profile pictures and now it has ad's. Dont do it...ahh

iCrank said:
Do not update. I just read dozens of reviews of people saying credits are gone, contacts, profile pictures and now it has ad's. Dont do it...ahh

Just have to log out then log back in for contacts. Have to re add the picture though

iCrank said:

NOW you tell us! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

iphone4ever said:
NOW you tell us! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Lol...I just checked myself. When I posted and it's 26mb and I can't even download it because I don't have wifi

Last edited:
yeah I read ad's on some other site, so i never updated. Including on my mac, since they updated that as well with apps.

Chances are if anti-shake is a big enough feature, eventually it will be included on an iPhone. Knowing apple they may wait for the next iPhone release before implementing it :p

ads suck ! skype is the move frequent webcam app i use on all devices so i dont like these ads !