What's new

skip my recurring alarm tomorrow?

schiarelli

Reaction score
Hey guys, im new here, just picked up my 4s (64gb) on tuesday and i love it!

is there any way to skip my recurring wake up alarm for just one day? (without turning it off then remembering to turn it back on)

ive needed this several times. whenever i dont have work on a weekday for a holiday or PTO. sometimes i forget to turn my alarm back on and thats dangerous for me!

any thoughts?

Thanks,
Sal

Tell siri to turn off your alarms for today and tell her to turn them back on before you sleep. If you can't remember that. Set a reminder

thats annoying... there should be a "SKIP" button on each recurring alarm. it would only be an option on recurring alarms when the alarm is ON. you can tell it to SKIP x number of times. how difficult is that? i think its a good usable feature. i know i would use it every time i dont need to wake up on a weekday (holidays, etc.), or even just on days i want to sleep in for an extra half hour... skip my 6:00 recurring alarm and turn on a 6:30 nonrecurring alarm. then after that session the alarms go back to normal.

While you are technically correct that it "should be easy", that doesn't mean anyone from Apple's development team ever thought to program it in. When you are dealing with a multimillion line project like iOS, sometimes the little features get left out simply because no one on the team has needed that feature.

I would highly recommend you write them an email suggesting/requesting that feature. Be very specific and very professional in your request and odds are someone will take a look at it. Now adding it is still up to them, but until someone requests it, they won't know to add it.