What's new

Siri

konikub said:
Ya...this being my first iPhone ever...I was just thinking that the $99 iPhone 4 would totally do, seeing as how it's getting the 200+ new features that comes with the iOS 5 update on the 14th.

However, the 4S having 7x faster processing, and the best camera out today on ANY cell phone...totally won me over. Not to mention, who on earth doesn't want their own personal assistant! Siri look sooooo bad ass and futuristic...and my guess is that she will only get smarter (and more intuitive) as updates and time goes on :)

Seriously, I agree with you though. Unfortunately I have to wait until December unless I decide to pay $900+ for the 64GB.

My guess is the only reason Siri isn't on the iPad 2 is a marketing decision. They want you to buy an iPhone 4S in order to get the hottest item.

acmdude said:
My guess is the only reason Siri isn't on the iPad 2 is a marketing decision. They want you to buy an iPhone 4S in order to get the hottest item.

Well it worked.

Yesterday I read new of android frantically trying to complete with Siri. The only thing their voice recognition does is the text part. Plus you have to turn it on and off so it doesn't constantly work in the back ground killing the battery. I think Siri will be legit.

It should already be on the iPhone 4 and iPad 2, and then we wouldn't have to port it over, RIGHT!!!!!!!! And it's not piracy because it something that's not for sale it a feature!!!!

It should already be on the iPhone 4 and iPad 2, and then we wouldn't have to port it over, RIGHT!!!!!!!! And it's not piracy because it something that's not for sale it a feature!!!!

Ok, I'll forgive you for your ignorance concerning the fact that it is piracy and you just don't know any better.

But you first sentence is an out right illogical statement. Lets review a simple fact you haven't considered.

Siri is BETA software.

That really does change a lot of things. Now this is actually REALLY REALLY REALLY good news for iOS 5 users. About now you are asking "HOW IS THAT?". Well lets apply some logic.

1) Siri requires a remote data back end to work at present.

2) The iPhone 4S is only in use by a VERY SMALL segment of the iPhone population.

3) They need to TWEEK and TEST each update and see how it affects the limited test bed they now have.

So once they are done with testing and finalize the application, then they can open it up to a MUCH LARGER audience. Say like all iOS 5 users.

But hey, that would just make too much sense wouldn't it?

Skull One said:
Ok, I'll forgive you for your ignorance concerning the fact that it is piracy and you just don't know any better.

But you first sentence is an out right illogical statement. Lets review a simple fact you haven't considered.

Siri is BETA software.

That really does change a lot of things. Now this is actually REALLY REALLY REALLY good news for iOS 5 users. About now you are asking "HOW IS THAT?". Well lets apply some logic.

1) Siri requires a remote data back end to work at present.

2) The iPhone 4S is only in use by a VERY SMALL segment of the iPhone population.

3) They need to TWEEK and TEST each update and see how it affects the limited test bed they now have.

So once they are done with testing and finalize the application, then they can open it up to a MUCH LARGER audience. Say like all iOS 5 users.

But hey, that would just make too much sense wouldn't it?

Ok I'll agree with some of what you said and I'll forgive you ~ Edited by Moderator ~ please don't be rude! but piracy is a stolen or that cost you and me! And we dont have to ever pay for that BETA!and this will not be for sale and never will be, apple didn't create it to buy in the app store, lol so NO it's not piracy in my opinion anyway!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I'll agree with some of what you said and I'll forgive your ignorance but piracy is a stolen or that cost you and me! And we dont have to ever pay for that BETA!and this will not be for sale and never will be, apple didn't create it to buy in the app store, lol so NO it's not piracy in my opinion anyway!!!

Your opinion is not fact,
Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by iPhones staff in accordance with the Forum Rules
. Many thousands of man hours went into making Siri. That means Siri has a value. When something is taken beyond the confines that the creator of said work product has created for it, then it has been stolen. And that is piracy when it comes to software.

Or from another perspective; Apple would not have copyrighted the code, would not have trademarked the name and would have released the application into the public domain. Since none of those three occurred, it is theft.

After 28 years as a software developer, I know exactly what piracy is and how it affects the creator of the work product.

Skull One said:
Your opinion is not fact, thankfully, and your ignorance that you believes Siri has no cost is the most frightening thing I have read here in a while. Many thousands of man hours went into making Siri. That means Siri has a value. When something is taken beyond the confines that the creator of said work product has created for it, then it has been stolen. And that is piracy when it comes to software.

Or from another perspective; Apple would not have copyrighted the code, would not have trademarked the name and would have released the application into the public domain. Since none of those three occurred, it is theft.

After 28 years as a software developer, I know exactly what piracy is and how it affects the creator of the work product.

What's scary is you saying you were a software developer. And so everybody that has the iPhone 4s are thieves since Siri is on there. Seriously Siri is not for sale so it's not piracy! Edited by Moderator ~ please don't be rude. If I made a song or program and put it everywhere to SALE and you downloaded it without PAYING for it it's called PIRACY!!!!!!! You stole my song that I am selling !!! But it's ok in a month or two when apple releases to the iPhone 4 it's ok then right!! Oh no it's still piracy! Goodby

What's scary is you saying you were a software developer!!! And so everybody that has the iPhone 4s are thieves since Siri is on there!! Lol!!!! Seriously Siri is not for sale so it's not piracy!! Let me school you real quick! If I made a song or program and put it everywhere to SALE and you downloaded it without PAYING for it it's called PIRACY!!!!!!! You stole my song that I am selling !!! But it's ok in a month or two when apple releases to the iPhone 4 it's ok then right!! Oh no it's still piracy! LMAO!!!!!! Goodby

I realize that you are trying to save face here but your second sentence shows exactly how little you understood what has been typed.

The 4S is the device where the work product was deployed by Apple. And hence it is not theft/piracy.

And your assertion that
Seriously Siri is not for sale so it's not piracy!
is beyond flawed. That is like saying you are legally allowed to use the original ROM code from the Pac Man arcade console because it is not being sold. If you are SO VERY SURE about that statement, please feel free to take a laptop loaded with MAME with the PAC MAN ROM and play it in front of the CEO Namco and see how long it takes for them to press charges.

I am citing the actual laws. You are citing your opinion as fact. Guess who is going to end up being correct on this?

Skull One said:
I realize that you are trying to save face here but your second sentence shows exactly how little you understood what has been typed.

The 4S is the device where the work product was deployed by Apple. And hence it is not theft/piracy.

And your assertion that is beyond flawed. That is like saying you are legally allowed to use the original ROM code from the Pac Man arcade console because it is not being sold. If you are SO VERY SURE about that statement, please feel free to take a laptop loaded with MAME with the PAC MAN ROM and play it in front of the CEO Namco and see how long it takes for them to press charges.

I am citing the actual laws. You are citing your opinion as fact. Guess who is going to end up being correct on this?

Well the big thing here is THAT OPINIONS VARY!!!!

Well the big thing here is THAT OPINIONS VARY!!!!

I am not giving an opinion. I am specifically citing case law. Which means I am stating facts. Facts that can't be argued with unlike opinions.

You should go read the current laws concerning theft of intellectual property. It is a dry read but very informative.

Okay guys! This is a warning. Please be respectful and stop getting personal or this thread will be closed and appropriate sanctions issued.

Only going to say it once.

Both of you better refresh yourselves with our rules.

Last edited: