What's new

Siri

p3unit32

Reaction score
Know it hasn't been officially test by "us", but what does everyone think about Siri? Actually Siri was one of my favorite apps, I'm anxious to see how she will work after receiving an overhaul.

I'll add by saying I like the interface. The purple digital wave in the mic looks nice.

Basically there will not be anymore need of touch screen when will to do a lot of things on iPhone 4S, say set an appointment, send SMS, read SMS etc... It's promising.

bab2010 said:
Basically there will not be anymore need of touch screen when will to do a lot of things on iPhone 4S, say set an appointment, send SMS, read SMS etc... It's promising.

Yes it is. Like I stated earlier I really enjoy the Siri app, I can't wait to get my hands on the 4S! And just think, Siri is just a beta. She will only get better, as long as she doesn't end up like Vickie, the artificial intelligence on the iRobot movie.

So it's in Beta now. Does that mean the 4S will ship with the Beta version, ship without Siri, or will it be out of beta on the 14th?
confused.gif

ffrcoupe said:
So it's in Beta now. Does that mean the 4S will ship with the Beta version, ship without Siri, or will it be out of beta on the 14th?

It simply means they will continue to add services to it. But it will be available on October 12th.

Will Siri be on the iPad.... It would be nice. But then again probably not.

p3unit32 said:
Will Siri be on the iPad.... It would be nice. But then again probably not.

The developer says no. Look for it on iPad 3

thewitt said:
The developer says no. Look for it on iPad 3

Well I want have it then. I can't justify getting an iPad 3 when I purchased the iPad 2 last spring. Plus it's the 64GB 3G+Wi-fi model. Nah, not spending another $900+ even if it does have a retina display. The iPad 2 will have to work for the next two to three years.

I don't see why it couldn't end up on the iPad 2....the reason that it's not on the iPhone 4 and on the 4S only, is because it needs to use the A5 dual core processor (which the iPad has).

konikub said:
I don't see why it couldn't end up on the iPad 2....the reason that it's not on the iPhone 4 and on the 4S only, is because it needs to use the A5 dual core processor (which the iPad has).

Ahhh... That answers yet another question. I was wondering if Siri would be on the iPhone 4.

konikub said:

I guess even if I had not lost my iPhone 4, I would probably upgrade then, I just wouldn't be able to resist. Faster downloads, better cam, dual processor, "Siri", and all of the iOS 5 features. Plus I wanted to ungraded from a 16GB memory anyway.

Ya...this being my first iPhone ever...I was just thinking that the $99 iPhone 4 would totally do, seeing as how it's getting the 200+ new features that comes with the iOS 5 update on the 14th.

However, the 4S having 7x faster processing, and the best camera out today on ANY cell phone...totally won me over. Not to mention, who on earth doesn't want their own personal assistant! Siri look sooooo bad ass and futuristic...and my guess is that she will only get smarter (and more intuitive) as updates and time goes on :)

konikub said:
Ya...this being my first iPhone ever...I was just thinking that the $99 iPhone 4 would totally do, seeing as how it's getting the 200+ new features that comes with the iOS 5 update on the 14th.

However, the 4S having 7x faster processing, and the best camera out today on ANY cell phone...totally won me over. Not to mention, who on earth doesn't want their own personal assistant! Siri look sooooo bad ass and futuristic...and my guess is that she will only get smarter (and more intuitive) as updates and time goes on :)

Hopefully not like Vickie the article intelligence from iRobot lol.