What's new

Siri only works sometimes

J

jpcamaro70

When i'm am trying to duplicate a problem for a friend or colleague, she works fine. Or when i'm just playing around she works fine, but when i need her the most, like to compose a text while driving, she is virtually useless. Is this an overloaded verizon network thing? Or did i incorrectly think siri could recieve dictation like my droid incredible?

I am getting errors like, "I'm sorry I can't do that for you right now", "please try again", "I"m sorry i'm having trouble connecting to the network" It drives me crazy.

sorry to hear this, my Siri is working great. once in a while it wont work when i raise it to my ear, but i just swing it down and back up and she activates.

It's Siri, I also have that problem sometimes. Siri is still in beta and Apple is constantly working on it. That along with possible server overload cause that issue. I don't think it will be much of a problem for long.

My Siri is working fine. The only time I have a problem is when I'm in an area that doesn't have any service and won't connect to network.

tomca631 said:
My Siri is working fine. The only time I have a problem is when I'm in an area that doesn't have any service and won't connect to network.

I did forget to mention that I'm not having any problems using Siri on my AT&T 3G network. Yes it works better on Wi-Fi but it works fine for me on 3G it just takes a little bit longer sometimes. Sorry that you are having all those issues.

One thing that's a 'big complaint' for me that I'm sure Apple had plenty of Advise and Review meetings about, is the decision to replace the voice control command for dialing phone numbers with Siri: making that a part of Siri, that is. Voice Control as we all know was a part of the phone's internal chip itself. And didn't rely on outside servers. So that's my biggest frustration. I could always at least call a phone number with my voice while I was driving in the car. But now if Siri's servers are busy I can't even do that.

Yes, my android phone made dictation so easy and there was no need to connect via 3g or wi-fi. It worked so well I figured now that apple has it i can switch, I thought, apple system MUST be better than my 2 year old htc incredible in that respect. I could care less about asking if i need an umbrella. Siri wont even turn on a navigation program after you searched for a place, so you have siri look it up for you, then open a nav app, and hope you remember what siri told you. I hope they make siri a much more useful tool than the toy that it is now.

And yes, I did ask siri to marry me and she preferred to "stay friends".