What's new

Siri on iPhone 4 without jailbreaking ??

dragracer567

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I own a unlocked iPhone 4 and was wondering if 'Siri' will be available in the iPhone 4 without jailbreaking. I mean, will it be available in the next software update ? I'm not interested in jailbreaking because I'm afraid that my iPhone will lose its uniqueness among the sea of Symbian and android phones.

I don't thinks so its possible without jailbreak.,,, but it read somewhere that it's illegal to port Siri on iPhone 4 right now

You will never get it for Apple at this point. IF is available later it will be by the jailbreak community.

iFrog said:
You will never get it for Apple at this point. IF is available later it will be by the jailbreak community.

Actually according to Internet sources, Siri has been successfully hacked into the iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4.

I wouldnt mess with it weather you jailbreak or not. Who want to be sewed by Apple and possibly have charges brought against you just for a voice activation software. If it were me i would try and find an alternative to SIRI.

dragracer567 said:
Actually according to Internet sources, Siri has been successfully hacked into the iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4.

True. But Steve stroughton and chpwn won't release it to the public because it's illegal

jbs06civicsi said:
I wouldnt mess with it weather you jailbreak or not. Who want to be sewed by Apple and possibly have charges brought against you just for a voice activation software. If it were me i would try and find an alternative to SIRI.

As I said earlier, I'm not gonna jailbreak or hack my iPhone software. I just wanted to know if it will be available officially in the near future.

dragracer567 said:

Yes it is don't but do to legal issues it can't be release. That's why I say IF is release.

Try alternatives I use vlingo. It's rather accurate can search the web find things on maps. Call txt and email but also update social network statuses. It ain't bad. It doesn't talk back though sadly.

I you Vlingo. It works pretty good, had to pay a little for the service, not much, but it is the closest to Suri I have found :)

Vlingo is now a free service. It might only be free for a limited time

Vlingo - Stinks, if SIRI works as slow as Vlingo then its best not to have it on the I4

zipur said:
Vlingo - Stinks, if SIRI works as slow as Vlingo then its best not to have it on the I4

If you live in the states voice actions is the closest app to Siri. For some reason it isn't available in the uk app store. It isn't a free app.