What's new

SIM Cards

SheerLuckiPhone

Reaction score
I haven't seen anything specific, but I hear that the iPhone 5 has a different size SIM card. If that is true then when I get the iPhone5 the SIM card from my old phone would not fit the new one. Will this require me to have to go into my service provider to get the phone activated. Will that incur a charge for that service. Or would I be able to go into an Apple store to get my phone activated?

If I decide against the iPhone 5 and simply upgrade to a 4S can I just put my SIM card in the new phone or does the service provider or Apple have to do it? Again is there a fee for this?

Thanks

yeah my girlfriend has ATT and she called and talked with a rep about this new nano sim and he explained to her that when she received the I 5 there would be a number in the box for her to call to have it activated or she could go to a store if need be

I haven't seen anything specific, but I hear that the iPhone 5 has a different size SIM card. If that is true then when I get the iPhone5 the SIM card from my old phone would not fit the new one. Will this require me to have to go into my service provider to get the phone activated. Will that incur a charge for that service. Or would I be able to go into an Apple store to get my phone activated?

If I decide against the iPhone 5 and simply upgrade to a 4S can I just put my SIM card in the new phone or does the service provider or Apple have to do it? Again is there a fee for this?

Thanks
yes just call your network provider to get the nano sim activated and if you decide just to upgrade to a 4s you will need a micro sim for that,again it will need to be activated.

you can also get nano sim adaptors so you can use the micro sim phones as well and they are free from some carriers