What's new

Should I buy AppleCare+ for a Watch?

itelephone

Reaction score
Should I buy AppleCare+ for a new Watch SE 2022 Cellular? In my country, AppleCare+ costs €69 and includes unlimited accidental damage repair at €65, while my Watch costs €399.

Should I buy AppleCare+ for a new Watch SE 2022 Cellular? In my country, AppleCare+ costs €69 and includes unlimited accidental damage repair at €65, while my Watch costs €399.
I think it rather depends on your life-style. Some people are more likely to damage a device on their wrist than others.

I think it rather depends on your life-style. Some people are more likely to damage a device on their wrist than others.

Right you are, but it’s the first Watch I own, so I don’t really know how likely I am to damage it. I did break my phone screen, but phones are free to fall down! :D Well, yes, I imagine it could happen with a Watch too, if I drop it while I am putting it on when I wake up in the morning, or I just hit some hard surface with my wrist. Anyway I should also mention I am wearing a protective case over my Watch.
IMG_7661.jpg

Right you are, but it’s the first Watch I own, so I don’t really know how likely I am to damage it. I did break my phone screen, but phones are free to fall down! :D Well, yes, I imagine it could happen with a Watch too, if I drop it while I am putting it on when I wake up in the morning, or I just hit some hard surface with my wrist. Anyway I should also mention I am wearing a protective case over my Watch.
View attachment 70119
I know it may be tempting fate to say this, but i have not taken Apple Care+ for either of my two Apple Watches - and I have never used screen protectors on any of my multiple devices either. However, i am very protective of them all!

Last edited:
I know it may be tempting fate to say this, but i have not taken Apple Care+ for either of my two Apple Watches - and I have never used screen protectors on any of my multiple devices either. However, i am very protective of them all!

Thanks Caroline. I am protective of my devices as well, but I do accidentally break things sometimes, so I guess I am going to buy AppleCare+ for peace of mind. Without coverage, Apple repair service charges horrible amounts of money. Independent repair shops cost a bit less but you can’t be sure of the outcome (for instance, will the Watch be water resistant as new after repair?).
Moreover, I gather AppleCare+ includes battery replacement when battery health goes under 80%. Battery health on my 18-month old iPhone, say, has already dropped from 100% to 84% and I am going to have the battery replaced with AppleCare+ as soon as battery health falls under 80%.