What's new

short cut i cons?, and other stuff

G81496

Reaction score
I know this probably kinda lame to some of you, but i want a short cut i con for contacts..

On my HTC i could import contacts to a icon.. So say i wanted to call or text the wife. there was a icon for that. I didnt have to search threw contacts or type anything. I also had one for my office etc...

Is there any way to do that on a i phone 5?

Also is possiable to do that with e mails? I have two e mail account, on the old phone i had a work email icon, and a Gmail icon.. alll the home screan with the wife and office etc.. Makes it so much easier than having to look at each one and then see which e mail im sending from..

Is there a app or something that lets you delete facebook chat's or messages, same with with yahoo.. there is no " delete" it just says arcive or mark as unread on face book.

Last edited:
The way iOS does it is that you can simply start typing a name when you're in a messaging or email app and a menu of contacts pops up. This method is much more efficient and doesn't clutter the home screen. Simply go into the messaging app or email app and type a name, choose from a menu of contacts and off you go.

Thanks for the info but that was what I was trying to skip was looking for a persons name.

hey i know there is a tweak for it so that when you tap on an app it made, it would either start calling the selected contact or bring you to start a new text message i would tell you what it is called but my iPhone 4 is stuck in recovery mode probably forever

I use an app called Touch Icon Creator ($.99, USD). With it, you can put icons on your springboard for texting, emailing, phone calls or Internet/Safari bookmarks. You can even add your own photo so that the icon has a picture of the person for whom the shortcut is made.

I find that it's pretty handy. There are others like this - but this is a good place to start.

Marilyn