What's new

Several Questions About The Iphone 7

That was great, and without an explanation how to do it. :)

You do have a signature. It's "Sent from my Silver iPhone". Would you like to add something else?

I figured out the problem.
When I was sending mail, I was using my app for yahoo mail or gmail.

When I sent mail with Yahoo it says.........'Sent from Yahoo mail for iPhone.'

When I sent mail with Gmail it says .........'Sent from Yahoo mail for iPhone.'

But when I use the Mail APP from Apple it has my signature.....sent from my Silver iPhone7.
And I get the swoosh as well.....:)

It worked all the time. I was just using the wrong function.

BTW....

Do you use Siri very often ? I was clowning around this afternoon and I asked it how much wood could a wood chuck chuck if it could chuck wood?

And Siri said African or European? And I said African and she went into this diatribe about woodchucks chucking wood if they could........etc........it was funny. At least I was amused.

Thanks for your help.

I'm glad you found out what's happening. :)

I don't use Siri very often. Just from time to time.

I got my phone to where I feel comfortable with it now.

Thanks for everyone's help.

One question though....When I had my Nexus / Android I was updating apps about 2X a week and there would be 6,8,10 apps that needed to be updated. Each time. And it would often take 5, 10 minutes each time.

I have only updated apps 1X in the last 3 weeks and I have the same ones I did before......at least the ones I added beyond the standard Android apps.

Have I just been lucky or are there fewer updates with IOS ?

I still have the same carrier.

Hi are you sure that you don't have it set on automatic.
General-iTunes & App Store there you can check.
Be aware that Apps have to pass very high standards before they get into the App Store. As far as l'm aware your carrier nothing to do with it.
Hope your liking your iPhone

I spoke too soon. I checked my phone this morning and I had 4 updates....lol
I had the updates cut off so they would not update if I was using data.
But I looked at the APPS icon and there was a big, number 4 smiling right at me.

I still think that they are updating less frequently than my old Android.....which is a good thing.

Yeah, I like the phone, I wish I had gotten it earlier.......it's like night and day.

I spoke too soon. I checked my phone this morning and I had 4 updates....lol
I had the updates cut off so they would not update if I was using data.
But I looked at the APPS icon and there was a big, number 4 smiling right at me.

I still think that they are updating less frequently than my old Android.....which is a good thing.

Yeah, I like the phone, I wish I had gotten it earlier.......it's like night and day.

You can say that again! Once you go Apple you can never really be "happy" with Android.

No problem. :)

You've missed the most beautiful part of Austria - Burgenland. ;)

I visited the Western part of Austria when I was on a group tour.
We went to Garmisch, Germany (beautiful ! ) and visited Neuschwanstein the Disney Castle.
Then we traveled to Lichtenstein and Geneva, Switzerland.

Lichtenstein was fun, just to say we went there. I think we were only there an hour or two.
Geneva was beautiful, especially the lake. The city was spotless.

We spent the night in Austria but I can't remember the name of the town.....it was a nice hotel though !

Funny story......

Several years ago my aunt was 65-70 years old and she wanted to visit the Holy Land / Israel to experience the historical sites and see where Jesus lived.

We lived in Virginia, about 2 hours south of Washington, D.C.

I was speaking to her about her trip and she said she was excited and was anxious to see the kangaroos.
I asked her about the kangaroos and wondered if there was a zoo in the itinerary. She said they were going to Australia after Israel. Those two countries are not normally frequented on the same trip. At least from Virginia. I asked her if she meant Austria, and she just stared at me. I told her that Austria was in Europe and they didn't have kangaroos. She just looked at me with a blank expression and said she would still have fun. I think they went to Vienna. She enjoyed it.

Us old people can be cranky like that sometimes [emoji16]