What's new

Series 2 Watch?

gopcs

Reaction score
My wife has the iPhone SE (A1662) circa 2016, iOS 15.7.6. She really likes it because it is so small. She flat refuses to upgrade since this size is not offered anymore. Even the iPhone 12 mini is larger than the original SE. She now wants the Apple Watch. New ones won't work with the SE. I found an old Series 2 Watch for sale, and it seems that it is compatible with the SE. Would someone be able to confirm that the Series 2 Watch does indeed work with the iPhone SE? Thank you very much! :)

Welcome to iPhone Forums!
The Apple Watch Series 2 requires an iPhone 5 or later, so it will be compatible with the SE.
Hope that helps.

Apparently an iPhone on iOS 15 or later won’t pair with an Apple Watch series 2

My wife has the iPhone SE 3rd generation. It's a 4.7" screen, same as the iPhone 8. It seems awfully small to me. Your wife might like it as well as the SE she has. It's a great little phone, and powerful for it's size.

My wife has the iPhone SE (A1662) circa 2016, iOS 15.7.6. She really likes it because it is so small. She flat refuses to upgrade since this size is not offered anymore. Even the iPhone 12 mini is larger than the original SE. She now wants the Apple Watch. New ones won't work with the SE. I found an old Series 2 Watch for sale, and it seems that it is compatible with the SE. Would someone be able to confirm that the Series 2 Watch does indeed work with the iPhone SE? Thank you very much! :)

Apparently an iPhone on iOS 15 or later won’t pair with an Apple Watch series 2
I have recently paired an Apple Watch 2 with the 2016 iPhone SE running iOS 15.x. No issues observed at all, the Apple Watch 2 is the GPS 42MM version and the iPhone SE is the 64GB version, not that any of that should matter.

As far as new Apple Watches not working with the original iPhone SE, I don't believe that is correct either. The newer watches won't be able to run Watch OS 10 with the original iPhone SE but should run earlier Watch OS versions with Apple Watch 7. I haven't confirmed that although I can if confirmation can't be found online. Apple Watch 8 should also run with the iPhone SE 2016.