What's new

Sending videos to another iphone 4

ROBBSZX3

Reaction score
so ive done some searching and cant find my answer so here goes...when i or my wife take a video then send to the other how come when sent to the other phone the video plays so small? its like a rectangular shape in the middle of the screen with the video in it...am i missing something?

so 74 peeps and no answers...either this is a real dumb ? and im an idiot...(which is possible ;)- ) or i have stumped all of you...which i doubt...so what am i missing folks

so 74 peeps and no answers...either this is a real dumb ? and im an idiot...(which is possible ;)- ) or i have stumped all of you...which i doubt...so what am i missing folks

Sorry, sounds like you need to rotate to landscape mode by laying your phone on it's side. (make sure rotation lock is off too)

hey dannyboy nice to see ya again to my rescue...lol...but yeah i tried that as well and it stays the same size...if i take a video it records in a full screen and plays in a full screen...now if i send to my wife it show up on her phone half the size...and vise versa...if i was to send you a video will it show on your phone as a whole screen shot?

hey dannyboy nice to see ya again to my rescue...lol...but yeah i tried that as well and it stays the same size...if i take a video it records in a full screen and plays in a full screen...now if i send to my wife it show up on her phone half the size...and vise versa...if i was to send you a video will it show on your phone as a whole screen shot?

How are you sending it? Also, if you take a movie in upright mode that's the way it must be viewed. Same as horizontal. So I'm pretty sure the orientation is your problem....

sending through mms....so if i take a vid horizontal it will fill up whole screen?cause i know with pics if you take it horizontal and send it rotates it or something doesnt it?

i just had wife send me a vid horizontaly and its better than doing upright but it still doesnt fill whole screen....more than upright but would like it to be the full screen if possible

Here is a quick vid. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgkulUtsncQ[/ame]

The reason you can't get full landscape is because the HD video format it shoots in is wider than the actual screen. The iPhone screen is a bit shy of true "widescreen".

Ok sp my vids look nothing like that...its half that size

So just a note. It looks like atleast on AT&T the video mms file quality is reduced by atleast 50%... So use email or a messenger app that has the capability to send files. My personal favorite is whatsapp. But you are still limited to around 60sec.

Thanx again dannyboy......ur always a big help bro...