What's new

Screen lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

nidge

Reaction score
My iphone 7plus has just been booked in for repair under 3 months old just started locking up ie no response from power button or home button totally intermittent problem could from switch on work for a number of hours then just lock up But since booking it in for repair ive turned the screen lock off its normal 3min setting to never and hey presto phones stays operational has software got a few bugs ?

If you manually lock it with the power button, do you still have that issue?

yes if the screen goes off for any reason it becomes a real pain to get back on as no buttons work and over 48 hrs the problem is getting worse its had a diagnostic check over the wifi from apple and came up with no faults had a factory reset done which changed nothing To get it back on i have to plug the charge lead in and switch the charger on and off a number of times when it vibrates i hold the power button in still doesnt always boot up

I think you need to take it in for a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store. They can do a more thorough diagnostic than can be done over the internet. If there's a hardware fault, you're under warranty and should get a free replacement.

quick update phone has been replaced by apple hope to find out what the problem was

Status
Not open for further replies.