What's new

Safari

Richranger

Reaction score
When I open safari the page is covered with search topics of previous searches. When I try to delete them (a hundred duplicates) they come back when I open Safari. They also under favorites and will not go away. How do I get rid of them? The guy at the Apple Store in Dallas said he never seen this!

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

If they are in your Favourites, and you delete them, they should not reappear.

I hope this will help:
In Settings - Safari - General, disable Frequently Visited Sites.

I've tried this several times and they pop right back up.

In case you didn't try this yet:
Force close Safari, delete history and website data, and force start your iPhone.

To force close Safari, double tap the Home button to show the App Switcher, then slide the Safari thumbnail towards the top of the screen.
Remove history and website data in Settings - Sfari.
Force start your device by pressing Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. As soon as you see it, let go of both. Your iPhone will power up on it's own.

A guy from AT&T got me fixed up! He told me to go to settings, I cloud, find Safari and turn it off! It worked! The Safari page is blank! Thanks for your help!

Ok, JA, one more question: I can connect my iPhone to my iTunes on my laptop, but I cannot connect my iPhones to my Dell desktop. Why?

If you wish to transfer photos from your iPhone to the laptop, your Dell should find them also, you don't need iTunes for this task. Is there something else you'd like to do?