What's new

Rumour: White iPhone 4 End of This Year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
steve-jobs-white-iphone-4.jpg

Christmas and the holiday season is a magical time, the sort of time when something magical and wonderful might occur, such as the arrival of the elusive, mythical white iPhone 4! Will all good boys and girls be getting one in their stocking this December? Possibly! Now the following story as reported by Fortune should be taken with a big bucketload of salt, as it involves one of those alleged and unverified Steve Jobs email exchanges, but Jobs' reply does have his rather taciturn yet twinkling style down exactly, so you never know, it could be him! The whole thing kicked off when a San Bernardino, California high school student called Nathan sent an email to Steve Jobs asking about the white iPhone 4. Here's the email exchange in full, as first reported on Mobiles DNA:
Question: "Hello Steve, My name is Nathan, I'm a high school student from San Bernardino. I also happen to be one of your biggest fan and a total Apple fanboy and proud to be I've been saving up money to buy the new iphone 4. I want the white one but Apple said it won't be available until later this year. I know you must be asked this question hundreds of times a day but do you think we can expect to get the white iphone for xmas?
I hope you can answer. Thank you Steve."
Reply: (Alledgely from Steve Jobs) "Christmas is later this year."
Make of that what you will!

Source: Fortune

nice long wait for ppl who want the white, i would hate to be one of them that held off ordering the iphone just to get the white one

nice long wait for ppl who want the white, i would hate to be one of them that held off ordering the iphone just to get the white one

Yeah I just hope the White version doesn't have updated hardware etc. I'd feel a little gutted cos I wanted to wait for it but the apple sales guy said it will be the same so unless you really want the White version no point I waiting for it.

i doubt it will there will be a lot of unhappy black iphone users if they do it

maybe we will see a 4.5 with a factory coated signal band and 8mp camera

not a chance, maybe the iphone 6 will have that, i bet the iphone 5 wont have much changes to the iphone 4, just like the iphone 3g was the same as the original and then the iphone 3gs was the same as the iphone 3g and not worth the update, not sure about iphone 3gs to iphone 4 though i think that was a major one that was worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.