What's new

Rumour: iPhone 7 to Have Force Touch Home Button

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone 7 to have capacitive touch Home button.JPG

9to5 Mac reports on a new report from MacOtakara that makes several claims about the 2016 iPhone, which may or may not be called iPhone 7, depending on what day of the week it is!

According to MacOtakara, as previously rumoured, the iPhone 7 will have a capacitive Home button with 3D Touch support, meaning that the Home button will not be an actual physical button that you can press, but which would instead have haptic feedback, just as the newer MacBooks have with their Force Touch trackpads.

The new report also says that the Home button would be flush with the front of the phone, which, along with the removal of the headphone jack, would help to make the iPhone 7 waterproof, something that Apple has been hoping to achieve for quite some time.

And, with the Home button being one of the most likely components to fail on your iPhone, a capacitive Home button would eliminate that problem.

MacOtakara also states that there will be a new black colour option for the 2016 iPhone, which has also been mentioned in other previous rumours, were it was likened to the Space Black colour of the Apple Watch.

iPhone 7 Renders: Martin Hajek

Source: iPhone 7 again rumored to feature Force Touch Home button, come in new Space Black option

Haven't had my iPhone 6s Plus for long and still kinda excited to upgrade. To be honest tho not sure if I'm willing to sacrifice charging and listening to Music at the same time to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if you believe the rumors it's going to also have wireless charging.