What's new

Rumour: FaceTime Audio to be “Default Calling Method” in iOS 11

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS 11 rumoured to feature FaceTime audio calls as default.JPG

BGR writes today of fresh rumours about some interesting new features in iOS 11 that first came to light via a now-deleted post on Reddit by a Redditor with the name “cyanhat.” BGR says that as with all Apple rumours, there’s no way of knowing how accurate they are, but some of them certainly sound very convincing.

The first rumour was actually reported on several weeks ago, saying that with iOS 11, users will be able to use Apple Pay to make peer-to-peer payments, similar in style to payment apps such as Venmo and Square Cash. Also, “Apple is completely revamping the Wallet app and adding social functionality,” said the source. “There will be a social feed, just like Venmo. The new Wallet app will also have an iMessage module that allows you to send cash via iMessage.”

But while we have read reports of this particular new feature of iOS 11 before, the second feature mentioned by BGR is much less familiar. According to the source, in iOS 11, FaceTime audio will be the “default calling method for iPhone users.” On the positive side, this would make for superior audio quality for your call, but on the minus side, FaceTime Audio uses up data, although, admittedly not enough for it to be a significant problem.

Other new iOS 11 features mentioned in the leak include a smarter low-power battery mode that will work more contextually, depending on certain variables such as whether you are at home or outside the home.

And finally, the leak also mentions that iOS 11 will also feature support for group video chats via FaceTime for up to five users at the same time.

Source: Two headlining iOS 11 features may have just leaked

This all sounds very exciting to me! I would love to be able to send my kidos money through iMessage! It would be very convenient!