What's new

Ripped out phone cable during restore while phone was in DFU mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlancaster47

Reaction score
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]My phone is still not working, here is all that is going on. So I wanted to jailbreak my iphone4 which was running the 6.1 update. I first downloaded the 5.0.1 firmware, I go to restore my phone on the firmware I downloaded and it gave me an error code 3194. So I looked it up and the solution was to go into my hosts file and input some stuff. So I did that and still nothing worked, the next solution was to put my phone in DFU mode, So I put it in DFU mode, which has the itunes symbol with a usb cord going to it. I then tried to upload the firmware, still gave me the same error code. So I said screw it and went to just restore the latest update on it and wait till another time to try and jailbreak it. As it was restoring (in DFU mode) I accidentally ripped out the cord while it was installing the newest update. Now whenever I try and restore the phone, it will download up to the point where I ripped the cord out and just stop. I left it at the house while I was at work and when I came home it still had not moved. I've tried erasing the extra input I had put in the hosts file, I've tried taking it out of DFU mode and still nothing. When I have it disconnected from my computer the only thing I can do is hold the home button and the power button until the apple logo flashes and then goes straight to the itunes symbol for a few seconds and then just shuts off. So there is my situation you guys, can it be fixed or just a expensive paper weight?
Thanks![/FONT]

6.1 isn't released yet, it's still in the beta phase, so your iPhone 4 is not running iOS 6.1. If you're on iOS 6 at all, why would you download the iOS 5.0.1 IPSW... You can't restore to an iOS that's not being signed without SHSH blobs saved for your device on that IPSW. Your story isn't adding up nor does it correlate at all.

First, let's establish WHICH iPhone 4 you have. Do you have a CDMA or a GSM iPhone 4. Download the iOS 6.0.1 IPSW for whichever one you have here

iPhone 4 GSM: http://appldnld.apple.com/iOS6/041-7950.20121101.Lmr45/iPhone3,1_6.0.1_10A523_Restore.ipsw
iPhone 4 CDMA: http://appldnld.apple.com/iOS6/041-7952.20121101.aClm5/iPhone3,3_6.0.1_10A523_Restore.ipsw

Now download RedSn0w 0.9.15 beta 3 here

https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_win_0.9.15b3.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Plug your iPhone into your PC. Go to Extras > Even More > Restore. Select IPSW and point it to the iOS 6.0.1 IPSW that you downloaded that matches your device type. Then for blobs, select Remote and it'll retrieve the blobs from Apple's server for iOS 6.0.1, which is an iOS that's being signed right now for the iPhone 4. When prompted to, put the device into DFU mode and let it restore.

Okay then it was running on iOS 6 then, sorry for not being correct... It is cdma. I downloaded the 5.0.1 because I would be able to jailbreak it and be untethered. I do not know about blobs or shsh, I was just following what the guide was telling me... I'll do what you said and see if that works.

If you don't have blobs, you can't downgrade to iOS 5.0.1. The only way to get iOS 5.0.1 blobs now is if you were jailbroken on iOS 5.0.1 on that exact same iPhone and you've ran Cydia at least once, or that you saved them back when iOS 5.0.1 was being signed. Otherwise, your only option is to upgrade to the latest version, which is iOS 6.0.1

6.0.1 Is what I was meaning to say on my first post, I did not know all of this before I started jailbreaking, wish I did. I'm downloading the new ios now. My only worry is that when I go to restore my phone it won't restore past where I had pulled the cord out. Thanks for the info

I would but the only thing my phone will do is turn on and show the itunes symbol and the cord gong towards it, then it'll turn off. The ios is almost finished downloading on my computer. I'll see what happens then.

Plug it into the PC. It should start booting. Once it starts booting, put it straight into DFU mode. Hold the power and home button until the screen goes black again, then release the sleep/power button but keep holding the home button until you hear the sound that hardware has been connected. The screen should be black. iTunes should pop up and say that there's a device detected in recovery mode. Open up RedSn0w now, and on the main screen that pops up, it should say "iPhone 4 <Carrier> (DFU Mode)"

Hey TJ. I meant for you to post what you did to the phone in the thread that I already had started, not start a new thread, lol!!!!

To the mods,

I didn't mean to have two threads on the same subject. It looks like the replies here have him on the right track. I sure hope he can save his phone. If he does I will jailbreak it when I get there in a couple weeks. Below is a link to the first thread that I started on this subject. If you want to combine the two or delete one that is up to you.

Thanks for all the help on this!!!
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-help-15/please-help-phone-%24400-brick-now-52034/

i will close this thread also as the problem has now been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.