What's new

Ringtones for iPhone

iniesta

Reaction score
Hi all,

My friend is having some problems syncing ringtones for iOS.

We both created 4 30 second ringtones through iTunes and successfully converted the songs frm .mp3 to .m4r versions without issues.

They were all 30 secs or less.

But when it came to syncing, I was able to sync all 4 into my phone. Yet he could only sync 3 of them. No matter what, the fourth one couldn't be synced through his iTunes.

He has an iPhone 4 on 6.1.2.

I have iFile on my iPhone 5 (6.1). Is there perhaps a way I could transfer the 4th ringtone from my phone to his with iFile or something?

Maybe someone could provide some feedback?

You could try emailing the m4r file and have your friend add it to iTunes then try syncing again? Seems odd that one of you can get all of them but the other cannot.

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

You could try emailing the m4r file and have your friend add it to iTunes then try syncing again? Seems odd that one of you can get all of them but the other cannot.

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Exactly whereabouts do I locate the file on my iPhone?

I know it's odd. I asked the guy at the Apple store and he was very puzzled too.

Last edited:
Well it should be in iTunes. So you could search for songname.m4r on your computer and then email it.

iPhoneMommy

Did you change the profiles of the 4 files to ringtones by right-clicking and going to Get Info?

Did you change the profiles of the 4 files to ringtones by right-clicking and going to Get Info?

Yes, I did. I created an AAC version of the 30 second file. Funny thing, it synced as a ringtone into my iPhone without any problems.

Well it should be in iTunes. So you could search for songname.m4r on your computer and then email it.

iPhoneMommy

Kay, can try.