What's new

ringtones and text alerts

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm new to iPhone 4s and i have been trying to get ringtones and text alerts onto my phone from the net,i got one into iTunes but it isn't syncing to my 4s,can anyone tell me an easy way to get free alerts to my 4s? i tried it on my 4s and also on my mbp.

I'm new to iPhone 4s and i have been trying to get ringtones and text alerts onto my phone from the net,i got one into iTunes but it isn't syncing to my 4s,can anyone tell me an easy way to get free alerts to my 4s? i tried it on my 4s and also on my mbp.

To do your own ringtones free type in "ringtone" on the app store download it then choose a song you have pick the 30 seconds you want from the song save it then open iTunes and sync. You will now have a ringtone. Not sure about text message alerts but I have loads of ringtones from my album collection now.

Sent from my iPhone 4 iOS 5 using Tapatalk

To do your own ringtones free type in "ringtone" on the app store download it then choose a song you have pick the 30 seconds you want from the song save it then open iTunes and sync. You will now have a ringtone. Not sure about text message alerts but I have loads of ringtones from my album collection now. Sent from my iPhone 4 iOS 5 using Tapatalk
Ok thanks,its more the text alerts i wanted but that info will be handy.

Ok thanks,its more the text alerts i wanted but that info will be handy.

I've just downloaded "text tones" which is free. Works on the same principle of the ringtone one. I've just picked a text message and synced it with iTunes. Works a treat!

Last edited:
I've just downloaded "text tones" which is free. Works on the same principle of the ringtone one. I've just picked a text message and synced it with iTunes. Works a treat!

how did you manage to assign it as text tone? does it appear in sounds?

Last edited:
how did you manage to assign it as text tone?

Select your text tone from the App Text tone then emails you. You then open up your email on your pc then save the tone to your desk top. Double click the text tone and this will open iTunes. Make sure you have sync ringtones set up on your iTunes. Once you've synced open up general / sounds on your iPhone select text alert then select the text tone you downloaded. The instructions come with the email but it's as easy as that.

Select your text tone from the App Text tone then emails you. You then open up your email on your pc then save the tone to your desk top. Double click the text tone and this will open iTunes. Make sure you have sync ringtones set up on your iTunes. Once you've synced open up general / sounds on your iPhone select text alert then select the text tone you downloaded. The instructions come with the email but it's as easy as that.

ok thanks,il give it a go and let you know how it goes.

hi,i downloaded text ones and as you said its very easy,had me puzzled for a minute as it lists it under ringtones but it did work as a text alert,brill thanks,did you upgrade to the paid version?

Last edited:
I have questions regarding getting custom ringtones to work on my new iPhone 4S. I have created them with mp3 files that I had, making 30 second sections into m4r's. Yesterday when I put them in iTunes under ringtones, only one of the four would show up on my phone. I found a site that was supposed to help me get all four to show up, but what it did was delete all my media off the phone. I have since put the music back on my phone, but when I drag the ringtones over to it, they are grey'd out and won't show up on the phone.

I am obviously not doing something right, and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks.

I have questions regarding getting custom ringtones to work on my new iPhone 4S. I have created them with mp3 files that I had, making 30 second sections into m4r's. Yesterday when I put them in iTunes under ringtones, only one of the four would show up on my phone. I found a site that was supposed to help me get all four to show up, but what it did was delete all my media off the phone. I have since put the music back on my phone, but when I drag the ringtones over to it, they are grey'd out and won't show up on the phone.

I am obviously not doing something right, and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks.
i don't know how to help with that but i can tell you that text tones recommended to me by iholophyte(above)works a treat,try it.

i don't know how to help with that but i can tell you that text tones recommended to me by iholophyte(above)works a treat,try it.

I haven't downloaded the paid version no. There's enough on the free version for me. Glad I could help out though :)

I'm not concerned with text tones at this time. I just want to get these custom ringtones to sync and work. I've had my iPhone for only a day and can see how it is much better than an Android, except the custom ringtone issues. Never thought it would be so hard to figure out how to get them to work.

I'm not concerned with text tones at this time. I just want to get these custom ringtones to sync and work. I've had my iPhone for only a day and can see how it is much better than an Android, except the custom ringtone issues. Never thought it would be so hard to figure out how to get them to work.
im sure you will get some help on this,have you tried entering it into the search box?

I haven't downloaded the paid version no. There's enough on the free version for me. Glad I could help out though :)

i might at some point try the paid version,its only 69p,thanks again.