What's new

Ricky Carmichael’s Motocross Matchup Lands on the App Store

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDphc_X5wQI&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - Ricky Carmichael Motocross Matchup Tutorial[/ame]​

2XL Games’ free motocross game, Ricky Carmichael’s Motocross Matchup, lands in the App Store today, and very good it looks too! In the first mobile game to feature motocross legend Ricky Carmichael, the player has the chance to get down and dirty in the world of professional motocross. Using the Real Rewards platform developed by BlackBox Interactive, the game lets you earn real-world rewards for your in-game achievements, which can then be redeemed at yourrealrewards.com, including prizes from the likes of Monster Energy, Suzuki, Turner Motorsports, Fox Racing, DC Shoes, Oakley and many more. Some of the prizes include Ricky Carmichael Signature Series Oakley goggles, sheet metal from Carmichael’s No. 4 Monster Energy Chevrolet Silverado, and a Jakks Pacific Ricky Carmichael action figure.

“As video games continue to evolve, I wanted to make sure my latest venture into the gaming world is on the leading edge of the technology spectrum and I think we’ve accomplished just that,” explained Carmichael. “Ricky Carmichael’s Motorcross Matchup is a mobile application and offers players a chance to play head-to-head with one another. What’s even cooler about it is that I can play my fans and they’ll know it’s really me who they’re racing against. We’re in the process of building a really cool list of verifiable celebrity riders and that's going to help take this game the next level. I'm really stoked about the launch.”

The game boasts a gesture-based stunt system for pulling off sick tricks, as well as an RPG-like system that lets players earn wrenches for gas and performance upgrades for their officially licensed Suzuki motocross bike and character. The head-to-head Matchup mode enables you to compete online in real-time against friends and other racers from all over the globe as you attempt to reach the top of the leaderboard rankings.

Click here to download the free game:
Ricky Carmichael's Motocross Matchup for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: 2XL Games