What's new

Restoring

Albireo108

Reaction score
Help! I was trying to get my device to IOS 7.0.6 via a ipsw file. It was previously a IOS 6 jailbroken version (I dont remember which?). I went into my iTunes and tried to restore to 7.0.6 firmware (backed up before hand) and shift clicked the restore button. I clicked on the ipsw file to try and restore this, and my iDevice is now in a restore mode. I keep trying to restore it to the 7.0.6 firmware to get it to update, and I keep getting a 3194 error. I've tried disabling every antivirus I have on my system, running Itunes as an administrator and nothing seems to work. Can anyone shed light on this? I'd love to be able to even get my iPad back running again, let alone to the Jailbroken 7.0.6 software, which is my end goal. The only other option through iTunes is to get this thing updated to 7.1.1, which is obviously a no go if I want to jailbreak. I've tried looking into TinyUmbrella, and it looks like tinyumbrella requires this thing to not be in restore mode. What do i need to do to get this thing to 7.0.6?

There's nothing you can do to restore to iOS 7.0.6. The only iOS version you can restore to is the current one, iOS 7.1.1. Apple is no longer signing iOS 7.0.6 which is why you cannot restore to that version. The 3194 error you keep getting is because you are trying to install an incompatible firmware(iOS 7.0.6).

Last edited:
There's nothing you can do to restore to iOS 7.0.6. The only iOS version you can restore to is the current one, iOS 7.1.1. Apple is no longer signing iOS 7.0.6 which is why you cannot restore to that version. The 3194 error you keep getting is because you are trying to install an incompatible firmware(iOS 7.0.6).

I did find out last night that tinyumbrella had a "exit restore mode" option that came pretty useful :D

Anyway. So, if that's the case, since I am on a jailbroken ios 6 version of my phone, does that mean I'm stuck there until a jailbreak comes out for the current version of ios 7? Or is there a different method of upgrading from jailbroken ios 6 to jailbroken ios 7? I apologize if this is in the stickies. I've tried googling this, but can only seem to get Jailbroken ios 6 to unjailbroken ios 7 or unjailbroken ios6 to jailbroken ios 7 (which apparently doesn't work anymore).

Unless you have an iPhone 4 (and saved SHSH blobs), there is no way to upgrade an iPhone or any iPad to any iOS version of software other than iOS 7.1.1. And, 7.1.1 is not jail breakable at this time (and it is rumored that it will never be jail broken).

Your best bet is to stay on iOS 6.x if you want to be jail broken or move to iOS 7.1.1 if you want to be stock. Then, for all, it's a matter of waiting for iOS 8 (and hoping it can be jail broken ... soon or at all).

Marilyn