What's new

Restore Whatsapp Backup to Iphone from iCloud

gneri

Reaction score
Hi, I have a problem with restoring Whatsapp. I accidentally deleted an important chat message and would like to recover it. I have seen that the Whatsapp backup is prior to this event so I would like to restore this backup in order to have the message again, even if in this way I will loose all the messages received in the meantime. The problem is that when I uninstall and then reinstall WhatsApp, I'm not asked whether to restore my chat history, but my latest chats are directly reloaded (and not those of the backup) as if nothing had happened.
I have an Iphone 8 with IOS16.2.
How can I do?
Thank you

Did you offload the app?

Go to Settings - General - iPhone Storage - WhatsApp, and delete the app from there. Make sure you don‘t offload it.

Did you offload the app?

Go to Settings - General - iPhone Storage - WhatsApp, and delete the app from there. Make sure you don‘t offload it.
Yes, I tryed also to disinstall follow your suggestion. Buy it is the same

Your next option would be to erase the iPhone and set it up again.

Followed step by step but the problem is not fix.....it seems I am not able to fully disinstall the app.

What message do you get?
Can you delete other apps on your iPhone?

I asked in order to be sure there isn’t a restriction (in Settings ➔ Screen Time ➔ Content & Privacy Restrictions ➔ iTunes & App Store Purchases) on deleting apps on your phone. See Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad and iPod touch

If that isn’t the case, I don’t know why you can’t uninstall WA.
ok, I checked what you suggested. there is no restriction to unistall app. It is really strange what is happening.

There can’t be a restriction, because you were able to remove the app.

After deleting WhatsApp: Can you still see it in the App Library?
To find the App Library, go to the Home Screen, swipe to the left to the last page. You’ll find collections of apps you’ve used recently. Search for WhatsApp, and delete it, if it’s still there.

Tbh from their posts I am not clear what they have done or not done.

I inform you that I solved the problem even if in a drastic way. I reset the phone (initialization) and when I restored whatsapp it finally asked me for my phone number and if I wanted to restore the old whatsapp backup on iCloud. So I was able to recover the lost message even if I lost all the conversations made in the period from the day of the backup to today. Not clear yet, why whatsapp does not allow to choose the back up in different (and more normal) way.