What's new

Resizing Photos

NoBite

Reaction score
I am looking for recommendations for IOS apps that resize photos, primarily so they can be shared on forums with photo size restrictions.

Currently, I use Reduce by Tobias Wiedenmann. I really like this app and it does everything I need. But, it hasn't been updated since Feb. 2013 and is not 64-bit compliant. I have attempted to contact the app designer, with no response so far.

So, what simple app would you recommend? Please, simple is better. Do not want a Swiss knife do-it-all app! Ability to control Kb and dimensions is all I'm looking for.

Thanks!

One easy way is to email the photo to yourself and it will ask what size file you want to send. Pick a small size and send it. You can save the received file then post it up.

The size limit for the forum is currently 8 MB.

Please don't misunderstand, I am not talking about THIS forum! I am an Admin at a forum with much small size requirements. I want to share methods for members to shrink the size of their photos so they can post directly from their mobile devices. I am trying to convince the forum owner to install Tapatalk, but short of that I'm looking for other answers. Thanks!

I use an app called Image Size. Works great for me. The developer has been real nice. It's currently updated. He also has an app to resize multiple images at the same time. It's called Batch Resize I think. I have both. The developer is Vitalij Schäfer.

@NoBite

Last edited:
I use an app called Image Size. Works great for me. The developer has been real nice. It's currently updated.

@NoBite

Thank you for the tip! I downloaded the app and it is very clean and straightforward. However, I didn't clearly state my need. [emoji51]

At my forum, we have a limit of 504 Kb per picture and a max of 4 pictures per post. So, I need an app that will resize the Kb size of the pictures. This app does a nice job of scaling the dimensions, but I could not find a way to set the bit-size. Is that option in the app?

Try the email method above, it specifies the size when asking
IMG_1502494655.665523.jpg

Thank you! Yes, I can see where that would work. Not quite as much flexibility or quite as simple as the app I'm using now, but certainly isn't going to be outdated any time soon! If I can't find an app, this is s good fall-back method.

Thank you! Yes, I can see where that would work. Not quite as much flexibility or quite as simple as the app I'm using now, but certainly isn't going to be outdated any time soon! If I can't find an app, this is s good fall-back method.

This app works great for me. You can adjust the resolution, thereby reducing the mb size.
Image Size by vsmedia.de
Image Size on the App Store

I am looking for recommendations for IOS apps that resize photos, primarily so they can be shared on forums with photo size restrictions.

Currently, I use Reduce by Tobias Wiedenmann. I really like this app and it does everything I need. But, it hasn't been updated since Feb. 2013 and is not 64-bit compliant. I have attempted to contact the app designer, with no response so far.

So, what simple app would you recommend? Please, simple is better. Do not want a Swiss knife do-it-all app! Ability to control Kb and dimensions is all I'm looking for.

Thanks!
Try the Lightroom mobile app. It's free!

Thanks for thinking of me! I may give that app a try. Only concern is it hasn’t had an update since the first update a year or so ago. But, still could be worth a try.

Not available in my country (UK) or region [emoji34]