What's new

Resetting your phone yourself???

Dcrymes84

Reaction score
Can you reset your own phone to a older version? For instance, I have 7.0.2. I wanna go back to 6.1.3 for jail break. Do I have to go to Apple and have them reset it or can I do it myself? And how, if it's possible!! Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk. Dcrymes84

Can you reset your own phone to a older version? For instance, I have 7.0.2. I wanna go back to 6.1.3 for jail break. Do I have to go to Apple and have them reset it or can I do it myself? And how, if it's possible!! Thanks in advance. Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk. Dcrymes84
You can't downgrade your iPhone and install an older iOS version. Apple has stopped signing iOS 6. I'm afraid that you're stuck on iOS 7.0.2.

iPhone 5

Search "How to completely restore iphone" on youtube by brianvidguy. Let me know how it goes.

Search "How to completely restore iphone" on youtube by brianvidguy. Let me know how it goes.
This will be of no help. It's simply not possible to downgrade to an older iOS version once Apple has stooped signing it. Apple stopped signing iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 last Friday.

So will there be a jailbreak then?

So will there be a jailbreak then?

Only users having iPhone 4 with saved SHSH blobs can downgrading to iOS 6.1.3 and jailbreak.

All others with iOS 7 can only wait for a jailbreak on iOS 7.0.2 with fingers crossed.