What's new

Reset

jmdlcar

Reaction score
I did a reset on my 4s but now how can I use iCloud to restore it. I don't want to use iTune.

If there’s an iCloud backup from your iPhone, you can use it to restore your device.

After erasing it, set up language and Wi-Fi (just like setting up a new device), sign in to iCloud, and then you can select which iCloud backup to use for restoring it.

I did what you told me but I don't see the backup to restore.

Yes and so far I did 5 backup total. Unless I did it wrong.

If those backups completed correctly, some of them should appear when you’re restoring.

Usually, you login to iCloud, then you’re asked whether or not you wish to restore from an iCloud backup. When you select the iCloud backup, you usually get three suggestions, if memory serves right. You can use one of these to restore your device.

I did fine out when I did a reset that my contacts my apps I install is still there and there could be more. Could that be my problem?

If I get a 8s plus can I use the sims card from the 4s?

The 4s has a Micro SIM card, the 8 Plus has a Nano SIM card. You can’t use the SIM card from your 4s on the 8 Plus, you’ll need a new one.

Reactions: 933
When my son give me the 8 Plus and he leave the Sim Card in it can I use it or will I need to get a new one?

When my son give me the 8 Plus and he leave the Sim Card in it can I use it or will I need to get a new one?
That SIM card is tied to your son's phone number and account. You'll need a new SIM card that can be tied to your own account. SIM cards are cheap, about $10.00 or less.

Reactions: 933
He is going to add me to his account and he is going to pay for it.

He is going to add me to his account and he is going to pay for it.
Will you also share his phone number? If you are, then the existing SIM card can be used. If you’ll have your own phone number, separate from his, you’ll need a new SIM card.