What's new

Replacement Screens

johno20091995

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a couple of screens to replace on family iphone 6 phones.
Just wondered if the ones you get on ebay in uk are any good or is it best to buy OEM units. I will just need the base unit as home button and camera etc are all good.
If OEM where is best place in Uk to buy from at reasonable price.
Thanks

It's always best to buy OEM screens but they do cost more money. There's no way to tell in advance if those cheap screens on eBay will be any good or just a rip off.

Anyone can claim it to be OEM the only way to be sure is to buy them from Apple in the U.K.

Anyone can claim it to be OEM the only way to be sure is to buy them from Apple in the U.K.
The only problem with that is that Apple doesn't sell parts directly to the public. You'd have to get them from a reputable third party seller.

Oh, didn't know that. So we're should the buyer go to be sure of getting a Apple screen. Who are reputable sellers? In the U.K. Ifixit for example?

Oh, didn't know that. So we're should the buyer go to be sure of getting a Apple screen. Who are reputable sellers? In the U.K. Ifixit for example?
IFixit sells genuine Apple parts as well as the necessary tools to do the repairs. They also have repair tutorials on their website.

Actually, even I Fixit do not sell genuine Apple parts. They state on their website:
We scour the world’s electronics markets for the best quality parts. Sometimes OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) parts are available, but many manufacturer parts just aren’t available—to anyone. Apple, for example, won’t sell replacement parts for iPhones or iPads.

In the U.K. at least, short of canabalizing another Apple screen, you can only get a genuine screen by having your phone repaired by an Authorized Apple repairer.

Last edited:
Actually, even I Fixit do not sell genuine Apple parts. They state on their website:
We scour the world’s electronics markets for the best quality parts. Sometimes OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) parts are available, but many manufacturer parts just aren’t available—to anyone. Apple, for example, won’t sell replacement parts for iPhones or iPads.

In the U.K. at least, short of canabalizing another Apple screen, you can only get a genuine screen by having your phone repaired by an Authorized Apple repairer.
I never said that iFixit sold only genuine Apple parts so your response is inaccurate. They are able to get some parts directly from Apple but most are custom manufactured for iFixit by third party manufacturers. They stand by their parts with a very good warranty.You do have a better chance at getting genuine parts from them than from most other sellers.

But in the end if the parts are not from Apple or an Apple device they are not OEM.
So therefore you must get your item repaired by Apple correct. And be prepared to pay their asking price.