Reminders: remind me later

Discussion in 'iPhone Help' started by Michael Graubart, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Michael Graubart

Michael Graubart Active Member

I have Phone SE with iOS 11.4

I prefer the Apple Reminders app to some of the third-party alternatives, but there is one useful feature of the Mac version that seems to be missing in the iPhone one: when a reminder announces itself, the Mac version asks me whether I want to be reminded again — in an hour or next day. I cannot see a way of doing this on my phone (short of re-scheduliing the reminder by changing the time or date). Have I missed something, or has Apple?

2. bear7962

bear7962 Well-Known Member

Go into the Reminder app. Tap on the reminder. To the right you should send see a circle with an I in in. Tap on that. If you want the reminder to repeat , click on that and click on when you want to be reminded.

3. Michael Graubart

Thanks, Bear7962, but that does not do it. It simply allows one to reschedule the reminder altogether, which is very annoying if it is a repeating one and one only wants to postpone it on that one immediate occasion. On the Mac a single click makes the reminder sound again an hour or a day later on that one occasion, without changing the set time for all future repeats.

4. bear7962

I have a reminder that repeats monthly, that I frequently ignore and it reminds me daily until I click it mpleted.

5. Michael Graubart

That’s beginning to sound more like what I want. But how do you make it do that? Or does it do it automatically? And what about after an hour rather than a day? What about a reminder that repeats weekly or daily? What about non-repeating reminders?

It does look as if, contrary to most of Apple’s apps, the development of Reminders on the Mac has outstripped that on the iPhone.

6. bear7962

I told you how to do this. Perhaps it’s one step further than you have gone. I set for a time and day, and to repeat monthly. If you don’t respond to it, it reminds me daily at the designated time

• Like Like x 2