What's new

Recovery Loop with iPhone 4.2 jailbroken

Catbuster

Reaction score
Hi All,

Before you jump down my throat about posting a topic like this, please give me a chance to explain. My issue is similar to a post called "iphone 4 stopped working only dfu mode plug into itunes mode" (not allowed to post the link, sorry!) but I can't find anywhere on the web that can solve my problem. Someone out there must surely know what to do!

Ok, so, I recently jailbroke my iphone 4.2 with the Greenpois0n untethered method. Worked perfectly, and my wife has been using the phone ever since.

Unfortunately tonight she tried to use the app called "Soundhound" which she's been using perfectly all week, but this time it just froze. We didn't actually know how to reset it, so tried to turn it off and on again but it's since just going through the recovery mode loop where you get the apple icon, then the greenpoiso0n skull icon, and finally the iTunes USB cable picture.

When I open iTunes it's advising me to reset. This is not a good option at the moment as the wife has a whole heap of songs and stuff she's spent all week downloading, and we haven't done a sync or anything like that.

I tried to re-run the Greenpois0m jailbreak, which seems to work fine, but then the phone just goes back into the recovery loop. Then, I downloaded Tiny Umbrella and tried to exit recovery, which again worked fine but the phone just reloops into it all over.

I've tried every combination of button holds and reset I can to no avail.

Short of using iTunes to reset the phone, does anyone know if there's any other way to get out of this loop?

She is desperate not to lose her photos and songs.

Apperciate any help you guys could offer.

Cheers,

CJ.

If you downloaded the songs via iTunes on your phone you can download them again for free on your PC and sync them back after you get out of recovery.

As for the photos I'm afraid your stuck. I had the same thing happen to me a couple months back and looked everywhere for a way to save my photos before restoring. Lesson is sync regulary in case of things like this...!

Arrrgghhhh - error 1013 while doing the itunes restore and update! I need time to look into this and see what the heck that means.....

Have updated iTunes to 10.2 but that didn't help.
Trying to re-jailbreak using GreenPois0n RC6 but that's not doing a lot either.
No idea what's going on here.....

Whoa, retried GreenPois0n RC6 and the phone is back up but wiped. Not sure if it's actually Jailbroken but I've clicked on "Install Cydia" and it seems to be doing albeit very very very slowly. At least I have some good news.

Good news, kind of. Lol.

Let us know how you get on and post back if your still getting any problems...