What's new

Recovering Deleted Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

duo21

Reaction score
Nice to be here! :)

The problem I have encountered is, I had some photos of a trip I took last year, but I did not back it up on the iphone. The backup I have dates to a time after the trip, and so when I try to check via that backup, the photos I was looking for are gone. So my questions is: is there any way to get the photos from before the first backup I made? Thanks in advance!

iTunes copies the files to the backup and uses unique file names

Windows XP Directory: C: \Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
Windows Vista/7 Directory: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

For every device you have, there will be a folder for each that keeps your backup. Just rename the file extensions to .jpg and they'll be the original picture images that you can view on your device. If you have it shown in thumbnails, they should change from the broken/corrupted files to an actual image you can open up.

iTunes copies the files to the backup and uses unique file names

Windows 7 Directory: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

For every device you have, there will be a folder for each that keeps your backup. Just rename the file extensions to .jpg and they'll be the original picture images that you can view on your device. If you have it shown in thumbnails, they should change from the broken/corrupted files to an actual image you can open up.

I could not find the AppData folder under the Username folder, willerz2. Would it be under a different name? Oh, and I'm on a PC, not Apple, if that helps. :)

Edit: I found the folders you speak of, but when I changed the extension to .jpg, it says that windows cannot open the files.

Last edited:
Don't randomly change every file. Make sure there's a correlation between the file names. Like XXX001 XXX 002 etc etc. I don't have access to my PC to exemplify at the moment. Keep browsing through the folders to see if you find anything of the sort.

try to recover from your backup which you took firstly, if you are not able to recover your photos then you can try some photo recovery softwares that will completely recover your all lost image data from your ipohone. You can firstly try the demo version to check the functionality of the software. For your help i am suggesting you to try kernel for digital media recovery software to get back your data. for more details visit:<MODERATOR EDIT; NO EXTERNAL LINKS>

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have access to my PC to exemplify at the moment. Keep browsing through the folders to see if you find anything of the sort.
2.gif

If you want get photos (camera roll, photo library) back after deleting them from iphone 4, you can use Dr.Fone (iPhone 4) to directly scan and recover lost photos from your iPhone 4. This video shows you how to recover photos within three steps.

Watch Video Demo:

Last edited by a moderator:
thankershow said:
Only if you have a backup, to restore from, that contains the <MODERATOR EDIT; REMOVED EXTERNAL LINK> from your camera roll. Otherwise, they are gone.
The iPhone camera roll is not designed for photo storage. These photos should be regularly imported to your computer, just like photos from any digital camera. If you want photos on your iPhone, sync them to your phone.
More Reviews about <MODERATOR EDIT; REMOVED EXTERNAL LINK>.

Please; no external links allowed.
Please read the forum rules.

12.2. You may not include any external links. This includes e-mail addresses, Facebook pages, Twitter accounts, blog sites, etc. Please note this is for external links; you may link to posts within iPhoneForums.

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/f...um-rules-please-read-respect-our-rules-30950/

brucereid said:
try to recover from your backup which you took firstly, if you are not able to recover your photos then you can try some photo recovery softwares that will completely recover your all lost image data from your ipohone. You can firstly try the demo version to check the functionality of the software. For your help i am suggesting you to try kernel for digital media recovery software to get back your data. for more details visit:<MODERATOR EDIT; NO EXTERNAL LINKS>

Please, no external links allowed. Please read our forum rules.

12.2. You may not include any external links. This includes e-mail addresses, Facebook pages, Twitter accounts, blog sites, etc. Please note this is for external links; you may link to posts within iPhoneForums.
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/f...um-rules-please-read-respect-our-rules-30950/

Status
Not open for further replies.