What's new

Recording fast-action with the iPhone camcorder

Tricon7

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to record any kind of fact-action video (like fast sports, for example) with the camcorder function on the iPhone? Is it blurry or does it come out ok - particularly in HD? I would be very interested if a good, HD video can be made of, say, gymnastics or tennis, where the people are moving fast. Also, if this can be done and look good, is there a way to station the iPhone to where you can set it to record and leave it for an hour or more? It's not like it can screw onto a tripod like a true camcorder can. And even a 16 GB iPhone should get hours of recording time in video I'm told.

I haven't tried any sort of fast paced recording. Unless you count my daughter running about? Lol.

You will be able to get a good few hours of HD video but you will probably find you will run out of battery before you run out or memory...

I haven't tried any sort of fast paced recording. Unless you count my daughter running about? Lol.

You will be able to get a good few hours of HD video but you will probably find you will run out of battery before you run out or memory...

Well, if it comes to battery life, I can always find an extension cord and plug it into a wall socket somewhere while I video.

I would think that would make the phone rather hot. Paticulary if left in the sun. Lol...

I would think that would make the phone rather hot. Paticulary if left in the sun. Lol...

No, no - LOL - I'm talking about setting it up in a gym setting. Particularly, a table tennis tournament. It's cool inside and they almost always have a wall outlet somewhere to plug into.

I recorded some action last night, and synced up my iPhone to my laptop. As soon as I can locate those movies (!), I'm going to check and see if the fast action is adequate or too blurry to fool with.

Well if it's fairly cool inside then you should be ok. Although the phone can still get quite warm when using it whilst plugged in for exdended periods of time...

Well if it's fairly cool inside then you should be ok. Although the phone can still get quite warm when using it whilst plugged in for exdended periods of time...

No no, or at least my phone doesnt get warm/hot when the temp is cool about 27/ 26 degree in the room and I'm miroring my phone to the tv streaming videos and at the same time charging it. I don't notice anything warm on the phone.

If I'm playing infinity blade for example while charging the back of the phone does get abit warm. If I'm just browsing the forums then I don't notice anything.

It my be my case that's helping keep some heat in...

If I'm playing infinity blade for example while charging the back of the phone does get abit warm. If I'm just browsing the forums then I don't notice anything.

It my be my case that's helping keep some heat in...

Well you mentioned an app "infinity blade" it warm my phone even when it's not charging. That app is huge and eat all resources on the phone so...

Sure does. The more resources you use the more heat the phone will produce. That's why I think recording for an hour while plugged in (even inside) could warm the phone up quite a bit...